In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
This coming from the person who argues about furries in Linux threads.

Funny, but probably in bad taste. Lol.

On topic, the community culture wouldn't do so well with thread upvotes, comment flagging and other self-administration features. The main reason being that the vast majority is very immature. The idea of constructive criticism is very few and far between and, honestly, mostly permeated by the individuals who care the least.

In fact, the people who fall into this category are generally the people who tend to derail counterproductive topics and keep things from getting too serious.

But that's not to say that immaturity is bad. Just in different ways. Video games are, at their very essence, immature. It's about playing and having fun, after all. Getting super uptight about an aspect of game development is not healthy. Any good developer is willing to at least try an idea they haven't thought of before. You never know what kind of tangents those "bad" ideas will lead to.

But I did promise to keep out of this topic, after all. Going back to silence!
But that's not to say that immaturity is bad. Just in different ways. Video games are, at their very essence, immature. It's about playing and having fun, after all. Getting super uptight about an aspect of game development is not healthy. Any good developer is willing to at least try an idea they haven't thought of before. You never know what kind of tangents those "bad" ideas will lead to.

It pains me to see people believe this. Video games are not at their very essence immature. They're a way of expressing one's feelings and views through an interactive medium. They are an art form and should be respected as such. To say that they're immature is to suggest that there should be a "cutoff age" where you should not play video games. But video games are for all ages.
In response to Lugia319
You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. There are types of immaturity that remind us to have fun and to keep a part of us child-like. That's what I was saying. Immaturity can be a good thing, no matter how "adult" you get.
In response to Kats
There are types of immaturity that remind us to have fun and to keep a part of us child-like.

I won't deny this, but this goes back to what I literally just said

To say that they're immature is to suggest that there should be a "cutoff age" where you should not play video games.

Yes. You literally just said that there should be a cut-off age for video games because they're "for children".

Video games need to stop being considered "for children" just as much as playing Monopoly is not "for children". I would say even more so. Video games offer a combination of exploring humanity that is like a book AND a movie put together where you can literally pick your own adventure and ending. And even when you can't, it gives you the tools to see someone's story through their own eyes. If you don't think that's a a powerful tool... I guess I don't know what to tell you.
In response to Lugia319
Lol. Woah woah woah... When anywhere in my comment did I say that games were just for children? You are probably the most infuriating person on these forums, which is why I originally tried to stay out of this conversation.
Page: 1 2