ID:1878391

So I was trying to make it where when you press each category button it would clear the grid and refresh with objects in the categories list. Problem is after adding a 2nd item to one of the list the other 2 categories with 1 item in the list would have a collapsed space as if there was a invisible object. After populating the list more the other categories began to populate with the category with 2 items in it as a bleed over kind of effect.

mob
verb
ShowPassives()
// set hidden=1
usr << output(null,"passives.paslist") // clear the grid.
for(var/obj/O in usr.CraftPassives)
usr << output(O,"passives.paslist:1,[usr.CraftPassives.Find(O)]")

ShowPassives2()
for(var/obj/O in usr.JutsuPassives)
usr << output(O,"passives.paslist:1,[usr.JutsuPassives.Find(O)]")

ShowPassives3()
for(var/obj/O in usr.CharacterPassives)
usr << output(O,"passives.paslist:1,[usr.CharacterPassives.Find(O)]")

mob/var/list/CraftPassives = list()
mob/var/list/JutsuPassives = list()
mob/var/list/CharacterPassives = list()

mob/verb/Learnpassives()
var/obj/Passives/Character/Toad_Contract/Toad_Contract = locate() in usr.CharacterPassives
var/obj/Passives/Character/Snake_Contract/Snake_Contract = locate() in usr.CharacterPassives
var/obj/Passives/Ninjutsu/Chakra_Flow/Chakra_Flow = locate() in usr.JutsuPassives
var/obj/Passives/Crafting/Blacksmithing/Blacksmithing = locate() in usr.CraftPassives

Toad_Contract = new()
usr.CharacterPassives.Add(Toad_Contract)

Snake_Contract = new()
usr.CharacterPassives.Add(Snake_Contract)

Blacksmithing= new()
usr.CraftPassives.Add(Blacksmithing)

Chakra_Flow=new()
usr.JutsuPassives.Add(Chakra_Flow)

so if you clicked it once each category would have each thing as 1 2 1 but if you hit learn numerous times the 1 categories would have the 2 categories inside of it EX:if you hit it 3 times craft would have blacksmithing 3 times and the snake and toad contract in it aswell same with the jutsu category yet the character category would be fine. Idk if this is a coding problem i overlooked or if its a actual bug but i figured id mention it
I don't quite follow your report (I'm not sure I understand what's happening vs. what's supposed to), but sending null to the grid only clears the current cell; it does not reset the column and row count or clear all cells at once.
well it might be due to that but in the off case it isn't its the fact that the grid is displaying items from a different list in the grid when it shouldn't EX: showing two vegetables in the fruit category when all there should be is 1 fruit
You're never altering the size of the grid. Anything you showed from the last time, if it isn't overwritten, will continue to show up.
Moved this to Developer Help, because it's not a bug.