In response to DanteVFenris
Making reference! This is what I meant by it being easily replaced. The reason they're getting player isn't because it's similar to DBZ, but because of the sandbox elements.

Your game is looking really good btw.
In response to VileLunatic
VileLunatic wrote:
Making reference! This is what I meant by it being easily replaced. The reason they're getting player isn't because it's similar to DBZ, but because of the sandbox elements.

Your game is looking really good btw.

I... Hate to be that guy, but having very little content doesn't make something a sandbox.
In response to Ter13
Being able to build everything makes it a sandbox. I agree though, Z is really lacking in content which is a reason why I used it as an example. That and being able to build on the same plain as everyone else.
Wish granted, I spent time taking a box and throwing sand in it, I also draw a Z with my finger and called it my own little z sand universe... in a box.

Sandbox is all nice and well but to be quite honest I don't see why I'd go work on something that has little marketing value.

You have to understand that a game can be awesome, it can have everything you wish, top-notch art, code and what not but at the end if it's using copyrighted material, it's not really worth much, in fact it's most likely a liability, there's just no reason to do it.

Usually people make fangames because they're fans, they're passionate about it but there's really little gain in it, simply put, as Yut Put said, it's a great waste of talent.

As for the reason they're getting players, yes, it's because it's DBZ, do not fool yourself even for a second that it's because it's a sandbox, why would I play a below average 2D "sandbox" game over any other more accessible sandbox games found on steam?
In response to Rotem12
Because roleplay. And besides, I never said anything about the icons, or marketing value. I'm surprised you took sandbox literally. Now let's just keep on twisting my words around...
In response to VileLunatic
hes just telling you why talented(though thats pretty subjective, im not talented i just work on it tell it works) people dont do so. We tend to work harder and longer so we hope to get some type of economic gain.

And hes just joking with the sandbox
In response to DanteVFenris
I was joking too. XP
Next week, think you can mention my Source Code Repository?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1887547
Yut Put wrote:
Kumorii wrote:
start moving towards you to auto-collect(so long as you don't go too far away too quickly).

what if they moved away

For some reason this comment stuck in my head and I finally decided to try it and I like it much better. It makes collecting health a bit more tedious if you're in the middle of a *ahem* skirmish.
I caught on too that long ago. Mostly from just playing legacy of goku 1 to 2. Makes the worlds of difference to the combat. ive also noticed that in the zelda titles
am I the only one who noticed a popular game on the hub that had a keylogger instead of host files?
am I the only one who noticed a popular game on the hub that had a keylogger instead of host files?

Which?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Which?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1888252
If you see anything like that in the future please let me know directly. I've deleted the file, suppressed the hub entry, and banned the account for now. (My working theory is the account was hijacked at some point while it still had membership.)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
If you see anything like that in the future please let me know directly. I've deleted the file, suppressed the hub entry, and banned the account for now. (My working theory is the account was hijacked at some point while it still had membership.)

alright, I will do so.
Page: 1 2