ID:1882213

(See the best response by Zecronious.)
Problem description:

How do I make a map that scrolls sideways? Like every time you move the map scrolls along with you. Is there a way to make the entire map move? Or do I need to make each individual object move by themselves with the player?

Don't move the map. Move the player through the map.
In response to Zecronious
Thanks. I'm trying to make a side-scroller as my first game on here and I'm trying to get things going 0.0
In response to Icepaka89
Best response
Add this so that when you reach the edge of the map you don't see black. It forces your view to stay in the map.

client
perspective = EDGE_PERSPECTIVE

Just make a rectangular shape map. You might want to then have a look at what side scrolling resources are available. http://www.byond.com/developer/?text=side

Admittedly none of them are very good so you'll probably want to attempt something then post on developer help when you need assistance with something else.
Thanks, exactly what I was looking to do.
Keep in mind the global map always has the same maxx and maxy for each Z-level. So if you have levels that are different sizes, you'll want client.edge_limit to handle that.
In response to Lummox JR
Different sized levels? O . O HOW?
I mean if his side-scroller had one level that was, say, 200x30, and another that was 100x100, they'd both have to fit in a global map that was at least 200x100 along the X and Y axes. When dealing with that case, you'd want client.edge_limit to limit the user's view to a given region.
In response to Lummox JR
Ah right, gotcha.