EPOCH

by Yut Put
A hard-core marriage between Zelda, Dark Souls, and the original Epic.
ID:1883056

Here's the game's first update. When I develop, I keep a list of changes. Usually, they just end up as forgotten text files on my laptop. Now that the game is available, you can see them!

-AI will walk in dir if player is within attack range and they use a melee weapon. in this way, it slightly works around the lag issue currently caused by BYOND's built-in pathfinding.

-added heal rune. it is sold by the priest in front of the tower for 40 gold. this rune will offer new build paths, more support to the CHA stat and incentive to play in multi-player, and also increase the sustain of int-based players having a hard time in the most difficult dungeons.

-added golden essence: A golden statue that has been imbued with essence. Discarding this item will directly transfer its amount of gold into your inventory. this item will ensure that players receive gold at certain intervals of the game, so that poor people are less frequent.

-added a note in the bandit fort that tells the player about the secret passage which can be used to skip the archers, but only after the player has completed the level. in this way, players who re-play the game will know of a cool skip that avoid the level's hardest section. encouraging replay is important ;)

-added bandit armor, 10% drop rate per piece, dropped by the bandit boss. Like leather armor, but offers slightly less HP in exchange for some armor. fills in lore gaps for the bandit fort.

-added the ability to go fullscreen via the f4 key

-fixed the bug which keeps your shield up if you die while shielding

-revamped the huzza bomb jump section due to it being extremely far from feasible

-slightly altered the range of frequencies and the volume of the jump sound

-increased the volume of the successful enchant sound

-added music cues to grizzly grove and the sanctuary. I'm not one to spam music throughout the game, but the two areas felt kind of empty without music. Of course, all the music is in that very slow, calm and atmospheric style, so it's not intrusive.