ID:188605

http://www.baselinemag.com/article2/0,3959,1527222,00.asp

"Microsoft confirmed Friday that source code from its well-worn Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 operating systems had been leaked on the Internet."
Hehehe, gutted Microsoft.
*shuffles suspiciously and puts a CD in pocket*
I heard about that. I wonder if the internet is going to suddenly fill up with "DBZ: Namekian Rage" operating systems...
In response to DarkView
lol good one there dark
In response to Ajmoore
nothing to be surprised about.. i understand that the source of one of the flavors of Windows (98 or NT or XP, not sure which) was being used in some University somewhere to teach students how operating systems work- sponsored by MS. likely someone has, or will do so soon enough, put that out into the public at some point- or at least an interesting variation. hopefully as an improvement! :p
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
nothing to be surprised about.. i understand that the source of one of the flavors of Windows (98 or NT or XP, not sure which) was being used in some University somewhere to teach students how operating systems work- sponsored by MS. likely someone has, or will do so soon enough, put that out into the public at some point- or at least an interesting variation. hopefully as an improvement! :p

Not just some University somewhere. MANY Universities in many places!
In response to Hazman
Lol Microsoft...gotta love their 3000000lines of flaw'd coding eh?
In response to Jon88
Despite popular belief, MS shares its source with all sorts of universities, as well as certain businesses it has partnerships with. They're just under a lot of pressure to keep it relatively safe. It was one of these businesses that leaked the code (there was a tracefile of some sort with it).

Unfortunately, it's just part of the Windows code, not enough to build it.
In response to nick.cash
Is it enough to point and laugh at? Huh? Huh?
In response to Jotdaniel
Apparently you can look at Solitaire...
In response to Jon88
Solitaire? Say no more! Must... get... that... code... ;-D
In response to Jon88
I cant wait for the Solitare variations to come out,
Solitate: DBZ Edition