ID:1886476

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Problem description:
Just curious but where can I find out a bit more involving the use of web client?
There's only 2-3 articles that I've seen on the subject and while the info is informative, it's also pretty lacking on explaining how to do some of the more useful things one might want to do.

If I can't be directed to any articles, I'll accept pointers about what I should look into (HTML5 , javascript,etc) in order to make sense of things and work it out for myself. Thanks
Best response
For the time being the webclient reference is here:

http://files.byondhome.com/LummoxJR/webclient_doc.html

Doohl's articles are pretty helpful, so I hope he writes more soon.

The biggest question is what you want to do with the webclient. If you want to create new controls for it, Doohl's tutorials are a great place to start. If you want to simply make sure your game works with it, for the most part that shouldn't be an issue.
In response to Lummox JR
What I had in mind was setting up a website that would show my game to those who want to play it.
i was also interested in information necessary to make game compatible with other devices.

The link you provided looks like it will be a great help as well though, thanks.
In response to Avidanimefan
When you host a game that allows web clients (or is it on the page where it's embedded on this site?), you're given the HTML necessary to embed it on your website. It's pretty silly if the documentation doesn't also include that HTML, though.
In response to Kaiochao
So do I need to include an embed link for every world of my game that is hosted then?
In response to Avidanimefan
For now, yes. In the future I plan to make it a little easier to switch between worlds with JavaScript, using a system like the hub page uses.

In your case you can rough up something like that by providing buttons that could switch the iframe to different worlds.
In response to Lummox JR
I see. Following suit with that notion, every time a world is restarted I would then need to grab the link as well?

I ask because what I had in mind is a website *or maybe facebook* that allows me to embed my game in the i-frame- and allow people to play.
If a world restarts it should have the same info as it ever did, so I don't think you'd need a new link.