ID:1887014

My job is playing nothing but 'patriotic' music for the next four days. Twelve versions of 'America the Beautiful', 'Yankee Doodle', 'God Bless America', etc. Over and over and over... I'm good with patriotism, being proud of your country and all that good stuff, but enough already. It's only been eight hours and I'm already going nuts. It's like Christmas music without the variety.
You should just throw in Twelve Days of Christmas just to throw people for a loop.
Dude, it's Canada Day. Can't you give them ONE day before you start overshadowing them?

atleast you have a job. I just "lost" mine. :o
New York is now legally allowed to sell/buy fireworks. WalMart has taken it upon them to be a prime retailer.

My neighborhood is going bazonkers with their "new found glory and freedom".
"
"
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
atleast you have a job. I just "lost" mine. :o

I am sorry to hear that. Good luck. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the job, as much as I bitch about it, but 10 straight hours of 'America the Beautiful' is a bit much...

In response to Flick
Just focus on those 14 hours of the day that are "spangled" free. lol
Happy "Day the awesome and powerful Nadrew was brought into this worthless world of man" day. (I'm a 4th of July baby)
Canada Day? Or Canada D-eh?
It's not even the 4th yet and a 12 year old in my city died playing with mortar fireworks.

Every year, the same foolery. Never fails.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
It's not even the 4th yet and a 12 year old in my city died playing with mortar fireworks.

Every year, the same foolery. Never fails.

Well think of it this way. That death possibly prevented another fan game or fan game player from reaching BYOND.

A job well done, Allah.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
New York is now legally allowed to sell/buy fireworks. WalMart has taken it upon them to be a prime retailer.

My neighborhood is going bazonkers with their "new found glory and freedom".

I got really excited when you said this, so I looked up what had changed in the law. Turns out the new law is a big steaming pile of "meh", but it's at least a step in the right direction. The ban on fireworks is super stupid and needs to die. When I become a supervillain I'll just raze Albany and that should solve the problem.
Those of you with veterans in the area, be sure to give their PTSD some consideration before setting off your fireworks. =)
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
Those of you with veterans in the area, be sure to give their PTSD some consideration before setting off your fireworks. =)

No joke. For like a month now someone in my parents' neighborhood has been setting off fireworks every night. This is a problem because my sister and her husband live in the apartment upstairs, and he's a veteran. He was a reservist and served in Iraq, but had to be medically discharged because of a back injury he sustained from an IED. He doesn't like fireworks--or crowds.
I live on a 150 acre farm and every 4th of July we have this big ~3 day cookout where family and family friends all come down and bring tents/campers/etc. and stay and eat/drink/etc. We'll usually get some big fireworks that often become horrible disasters. Last year they were launching them from a clean hay wagon and the sparks falling down lit the entire stash on fire and thus sent a handful of drunk rednecks frantically running/stumbling away from a massive explosion of color, phosphorus, and death.
In response to Lummox JR
Albany is a big source of our problems. It's also where almost everything in New York is situated at.
In response to Kumorii
seems legit. needs video.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Albany is a big source of our problems. It's also where almost everything in New York is situated at.

Albany and NYC. I'd argue that much of the disfunction in Albany is a direct result of NYC's destructive influence there. If New York were to split into two states (e.g., Upper York being all the rest), ours would be poorer but way better off.
In response to Lummox JR
I agree. I sometimes wish NYC was it's own state.
Page: 1 2