ID:1887948

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Maker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
Please add the ability to drag Out dm windows out from tabs of Dream maker same how for example Chrome works, you can drag windows and make those windows, windows themselves.

And maybe somehow to still be part of the same Dream maker project and when you compile you compile all windows that are part of the same project.
Whats the point? Just wondering.

Side-by side file editing without potential resource conflicts caused by having multiple DM instances open.

This is how most modern IDEs work.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Side-by side file editing without potential resource conflicts caused by having multiple DM instances open.

This is how most modern IDEs work.

that, and some of us have big monitors and alot of space even 2+ Monitors, the work help we would get from having this will be really up there. Not having to go back and forth would be a huge boost!
that, and some of us have big monitors and alot of space even 2+ Monitors, the work help we would get from having this will be really up there. Not having to go back and forth would be a huge boost!

Yeah, I run 1920x1080 across two monitors. It'd be nice, but having tackled this myself before in Qt, I can pretty much say that it's pretty unlikely.
I think its possible, its just if lumo feels like its worth doing.
I think its possible

Oh yeah, it's definitely possible. It's just a massive pain in the ass.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I think its possible

Oh yeah, it's definitely possible. It's just a massive pain in the ass.

For the massive bonus that it will give developers, I think lumo can at least say maybe one day. xD
IMO this is beyond the level of IDE design I feel it's worth it for me to chase. I'd rather see third-party tools develop along these lines.
Nadrew resolved issue (Not Feasible)
In response to Zasif
This whole topic was hashed out when we got the tab feature. Everyone wanted windowed tabs, but it just isn't really feasible. Unless you want to take it upon yourself to do it or donate funds to have it professionally done, that is.

I am curious, though, what 'work help' would you achieve from this(exactly)? Outside of the obvious(which Ter already stated).