ID:1887983

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Hey. How can I host a project localy ? I mean, I have 2 computers in front of me. One next to the other. and I want to test my codes so I'm trying to run the project on my 2 computers (connected to the same network)... but I completly fail on how to host a game localy. I don't want to host the game for everyone, just for my 2 computers.
Any suggestions?

In dream daemon u would do something like this:
-Run CMD
-type ipconfig
-copy the default gateway and paste it in your browser and port forward

But I don't have the username or password since I'm not at home.

Thanks as always
MistY
Best response
If you are running on the same network, you don't need to port forward.

Port forwarding is ONLY for dealing with connections coming from outside your LAN.

Simply host your project on one computer on your network, then connect to: [local ip]:[port] on the other computer.

You'd find your local IP by opening command prompt and using ipconfig.

Press:

windows button + r (run...)
type cmd
press enter
type ipconfig
press enter

Now you want to look for a line that says:

"Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection"

Below that, you'll see several lines with a bunch of gobbledy-gook. The line you are interested in is the one that says: "IPv4 Address". Use the IP address from that for the machine you are hosting on.

For instance, if I was hosting on port 25565, I'd want to use: "192.168.0.13:25565" (The 13 being my pc is a total coincidence, BTW)
Connecting to localhost wouldn't work, 'localhost' would simply connect him to his own computer, he'd have to use the internal network IP.
Connecting to localhost wouldn't work, 'localhost' would simply connect him to his own computer, he'd have to use the internal network IP.

That moment when your own stupidity dawns on you.
Humm should I use dream daemon? and how will I connect my other computer to [local ip]:[port] ? I'm so sorry for asking this questions but usually I'm not the one who deals with the hosting stuff.
It doesn't matter whether you use daemon or DS. You can connect simply by clicking on "Open..." in the games tab of the pager and typing the ip:port there.