ID:1888035

Resolved
BYOND Version:508.1290
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Try installing some libraries through the pager. This is affecting more than just me, as Yut Put mentioned it a few days ago.
Huh. I saw this in action recently in 507.1286 but put in some code to fix it. (The specific issue I found was a software bug.) 508.1290 should definitely contain the fix, and I did retest with installing a library.

Can you describe the exact process you're following for the installation? The closer I can get to those steps, the more likely I can reproduce the bug and quash it once and for all.
http://gfycat.com/PiercingIncomparableChihuahua

^5 minute gif of me pulling my hair out trying to click buttons.

Oh man, I just upgraded to 1291, and now it's 10x worse.

When I click on the download link, the pager doesn't come to the front. If the pager isn't open, it doesn't open. When I do open the pager, I find that it's installing, but the open button never shows up. Plus, libraries aren't showing up in "installed".

Then sporadically, when I click on the download link, it opens a new tab of the library's page on the website.

To make matters worse, now there's not even an attempt to show the install button. It just auto-installs without my confirmation.
The pager not coming to the front wouldn't be new to 1291.

I was able to verify a problem with another lib (odd how the fix worked for me before though!) so I'm looking into this.
Ah, good news. This appears to have been mostly a web bug and I've got a fix for it. Some existing info your pager has pulled might be incorrect for a bit till it updates, but the easiest solution is to delete localhub.db and get a fresh copy.
Lummox JR resolved issue
This fix never worked. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling BYOND, libraries are still installed with no pager indication that they are being downloaded or installed. There is no confirmation at all.
I was able to fix the no indication on my side by deleting the localhub.db, but certain kinds of download links still lead to installation failed.

I know I found a post referring to Dropbox links having issues with downloading through the client. No issues with ZIP downloads though.

Too many file hosts are making it hard to get any direct links at all. Dropbox is one of the few that partially works still, but only as a ZIP download.

Also, BYOND Member File Hosting is unaffected by these issues since of course they're directly hosted on the website. Which reminds, I'm thinking about returning as a member in the near future.
I'm getting the same issue as this post. Currently using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, BYOND latest Stable and Beta builds, and using Firefox 39.0. The Download buttons aren't working with the Pager open and closed. The only method to being able to access the downloads is to use the Pager's "Open Location..." feature.
Can you give me some hub entry examples where the download link didn't work? I'd like to test those out.
I converted glMatrix back to Dropbox to demonstrate a problem with downloading from Dropbox (even changing it to http doesn't work): http://www.byond.com/developer/Bandock/glMatrix

Only way to download anything that has a Dropbox link is through the ZIP file download.

I was able to resolve it earlier though through another service (since it doesn't seem to use SSL I read in an earlier post of yours in another thread in reference to Dropbox).
I can't count this as a bug for https:// URLs since those are not supported at this time. (That's still on my to-do list, though.) I'm more interested in whether anything is going wrong for installations from URLs that are valid.
Fortunately, I was able to find another service that is compatible with the BYOND client.

It's called Ozibox, which can be registered for no charge. This might help those who tried to host it over Dropbox, but resulted in failure.
Foomer's savefile editor failed for me.