ID:1888879

(See the best response by Koriami.)
Hey so my router is Belkin.3E98 F7D5301 v1 (01). I already tried portfowarding like 3 times and it never works. I am also doing this on a Laptop and wireless(using wifi). Please help I really need to do this.
Byond version is the latest one Version 507.1286
Can you describe in what way port forwarding isn't working? What are you seeing to indicate that the port is closed? Are you hosting on the port you forwarded?
Yes I followed the directions to the T and it still never worked. I followed all the instructions and it still said that people can not reach it.
Can someone help
List what you've done.
I went on the port forward website and followed the tutorial for Dream Daemon Hosting. and went on the Belkin website and went to virtual servers where I added BYOND. And I even went to Firewall to allow DreamDaemon to go in. When I added it I clicked both private and public then ok and still nothing.
Best response
So, just to get this straight and clear up the basic steps for it, you did the following:

1. Set a static IP for the system that will be hosting the game (link how to do this on Windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/ how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/)

2. Allowed the port that the game will be hosted through in "Virtual Servers" (Another link on how to do this here: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=10790) You will also need to make this specific with the Static IP address you made in step 1.

3. (You said you have done this) Allowed Dream Daemon access through your Windows firewall.

4. This one seems like a silly one to miss, but using DM as long as I have I find the things I most often overlook are the things that seem self-explanatory. Make sure that you are only trying to host through a port that you allowed while doing step 2.

And that should just about cover how to do this. Try to run through the steps again and see if it works, and if not let us know and we will try to figure out what else we can do to help.

I remember running through those tutorials for the first time, they felt so confusing at the time. I hope I have made it a little easier to understand and get through.
In response to Koriami
Sorry but your first step, is a bad one.

You should set the static IP for a LAN device on the router itself.

If you do it on the device and the IP is taken, access the internet on that device won't work.
In response to A.T.H.K
Really? The only time I have ever run into that problem is when I set a new computer to the same static IP as my old one and forget to switch the old one from it. Usually it recognizes that such and such IP is taken and gives it a different one, so long as the computer is not set to a static IP, so I assumed doing it that way was the easiest.

To each their own I guess.
Well how do i switch it on the device?
In response to Dayvon64
I'm not sure how you would do it on your specific router. If you choose to do it the way I said (Which, according to A.T.H.K. is not recommended) then you can find a link that will explain to you how to do it on your system in my first comment. I would say hope that A.T.H.K comes back and explains it if you want to go the route he says.

If you decide to try it my way, then after you do step 1 verify that you still have an internet connection (may take a few seconds to reconnect after you change the settings). If you don't, try using the next IP up. (For example, instead of 192.168.1.5, try 192.168.1.6). That should help you avoid most (if any) problems that could occur.

You can also do this with any other system that will connect to your network to prevent the IP conflicts, but in my experience the router won't try to assign an already used IP. However, that being said, if the system isn't on or connected at the time it assigns a new IP, it may take liberty to use it since it is available.