EPOCH

by Yut Put
A hard-core marriage between Zelda, Dark Souls, and the original Epic.
ID:1889107

The last couple of updates were just little footnotes in update #3 due to them mostly just being bug fixes. this update includes plenty of bug fixes, but also includes a bunch of new features and little map expansions/polish here and there. Due to it mostly being a game content expansion, it gets its own label as update #4! This includes a patch that prettied up the tutorial, so here's a new demo build!
http://www.filedropper.com/epochv37demo

We were play-testing this new build from scratch but we haven't beaten it yet. The new coliseum was too fun for us to keep going on in our adventure, and by the time we stopped it was too late at night to keep going. But when we do, I'm really looking forward to trying out New Game+ and seeing what it's like to build a character beyond the old limitations of the game, while also dealing with the doubled up difficulty!

-added new secret areas to bandit fort, warden's keep, black caves/vestin, and other areas. generally i'm just filling out areas of the map that could be connected or lack hidden stuff

-tinkered with the bandit fort's pitfall room to be better

-added a river between vestin and grizzly grove because i can

-fixed a bug where not having hair meant you couldn't save your character

-added pvp arena dungeon where it resets if all players but 1 are dead instead of all players
-has a save point right outside it
-in vestin
-you dont get bounty for killing people while in it

-went through the tutorial area and just generally made it look nicer without actually touching the layout

-added new game plus. now, if you play through the entire build, you can talk to an NPC at the end who offers to reset the world and let you begin the game anew, but you'll keep all of your levels and items and stats(all the stuff you want to keep). upgrades like jump, slide, or powerlift get reset just so that the game's level designs still function as intended. enemies have 1.8x more health each NG+ that you start and deal 1.8x more damage to compensate for the player becoming stronger each iteration. technically, the level cap is now infinite, but so is the difficulty cap. it's a really fun feature that works nicely with being able to have 10 different characters on your save and adds a lot of replay ability to the game:)

-fixed a spider bug that made bloodbrood unbeatable

-added a crumble sound for tombstones

-you can't move while in the windup animation for lunging attacks. (once again, yut nerfs a kitey weapon class with extremely strong disjoints. i wonder where yut is trying to directionally push the combat...)
-you can get bounty for killing yourself fixed(only was possible if you used exploding barrels to allahu ackbar your brains out) in addition to this you can't gain bounty in a dungeon(so blowing up your friends doesn't give you pvp/bounty either.)
-added the option to toggle music
-if you die after beating the spider warden, the chest key is lost
the warden doesn't drop another onefixed
[7:19:25 PM] yut: the red number in parentheses is bounty, right
i killed myself with barrels and got 78 bountyfixed
[7:20:04 PM] yut: flame trident doesn't say its weight
it might just be cut off the bottomfixed
[7:20:47 PM] yut: the headband doesn't improve on level upfixed
[7:21:54 PM] yut: "ascended katana of ascension" (why the redundancy?)fixed
-poise and stamina max now scales with ngplus values to compensate for you being OP

-made an unbeatable hidden area in the game beatable

-fixed a bug where you could see the coffin through a wall in vestin

-placed some lights in areas of the world that were a bit too dark

-slightly made grawl more feasible to defeat via short range weapons

-replaced the numbers on dungeon portals with neat little symbols
-this also means the coliseum portals are now red for flavor :)

-stats for every enemy in the game revamped so that some enemies use armor and some use magic armor instead of every single enemy having HP. in this way, pierce damage is no longer shit compared to blunt when it comes to PvE.

-reviving in multiplayer now only gives half health to the people you revive. if this doesn't balance multiplayer, then I'll have to limit the number of times you can revive in a single multiplayer session.

-added a crystal of legend somewhere secret

-fixed up elemental damage so it made a little more visual sense, slightly altered the fire stat on the bolt staff, and fixed a bug where elemental weapons were still not actually dealing elemental damage. in a lot of ways, this is kind of a rework for elemental damage in general
4.2a

Tiny but important set of bugfixes regarding armor and magic armor and how they work with npcs
For some reason I've not been getting notifications on updates but thanks for the music toggle.