ID:1889235

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Hello.

For a few months, I've had an occurring problem when using byond. Every month or so, eventually, my client suddenly decides to stop working -- meaning I can't load up any games. Typically, the issue is restricted to the specific windows account that I'm using. If I make another, and redownload byond, it usually works without a hitch.

Along with this, the connection to a client is -way- faster.

Edit: Also, this has happened to be 2 - 3 times already. On this particularly occasion, I decided to delete my cache and everything in my 'cfg.' And while this did make loading up a client possible, it takes a long time for whatever reason. Like half an hour.

For reference, I use a Windows 7 as my operator. Anyone can let me know why this keeps happening?
Client version please?

As of note: It's working faster, but still takes longer than I'd like, however.
Best response
What is the *Windows* account name you're having trouble with? If it contains any non-standard English characters that would be your problem and you'll have to change BYOND's data directory to something that doesn't include the special characters.
All were in english.

I've managed to beat the issue for the most part, though. (Although clients still take longer to load than I'd like.)

I guess deleting my cache and cfg, then waiting a few hours fixed most of the issues?
I don't know what I'm talking about, but it sounds like maybe your isp is occasionally doing something on their end. Perhaps fiddling with DNS or interconnects, or just doing a system reboot/clean/update on certain nodes.