ID:188986

Hey everybody, I'm starting to build a computer and I want to make it just right. If anyone has any suggestions on who makes the best of each type of part. And where to get a nice tower case and what's the best material for the case to be.
For RAM, i have personally chosen Corsair Extreme Speed Memeory series 512 Mb DD.

Western Digital Harddrives are pretty good too...w/8 Mb cache's

Pentium! Because? If you look around in the past 2 or 3 days there was a post on heat stress on some AMD and Pentium processors. Point is, the AMD's fried with no heat sink within a few seconds...the Pentium's have built in saftey devices to underclock the cpu untill a good temperature is reached for normal operation...

I must also suggest an ATI Raedon 9200 or higher...I used to like the Gforce...but then i saw the light! it was a High definition light, at that.

If you want to check out a few sites who let you build computer configurations online..
Http://www.abspc.com
Http://www.ibuypower.com

for seperate parts:
Http://www.tigerdirect.com
In response to FenrirXIII
Thanks a lot.
In response to Hendrix
I still need help =\ Sound card, mother board, keyboard, mouse and monitor ;).
In response to FenrirXIII
I must also suggest an ATI Raedon 9200 or higher...I used to like the Gforce...but then i saw the light! it was a High definition light, at that.

You saw the light of a truck running you over.

FX Forever!
In response to Hendrix
Here's the list of features for the PC i want to get.

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor speeds up to 3.20GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology, which allows high processing speeds for multiple applications. Intel processor also features 800Mhz Front Side Bus (FSB) and uses the Intel 875P chipset, including on-die 512K L2 cache for lightning-fast speed.

Memory: 512MB dual channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz is upgradeable to 2GB dual channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz for ultimate performance. For easy memory expansion, install 128MB, 256MB, or 512MB DDR SDRAM in pairs in the four accessible DIMM slots.

Storage: Hard drives from 80GB to 250GB at 7200RPM to meet your storage needs. For maximum performance, SATA-RAID configurations are available using the integrated Intel ICH5R RAID controller. Three internal 3.5-inch storage bays included for additional hard drive storage devices. All storage components are easily accessible with the new chassis design and cable management system for future expandability. Two integrated SATA (Serial ATA) ports are provided for future expansion with SATA drives.

Drive Bay Options: Three 5.25-inch drive bays for your choices from the following drives: CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, CDRW/DVD combination (for creating custom data and audio CDs), and DVD+RW/+R (which allows you to write to DVD+R media). Also available on your Dimension XPS is an external 3.5-inch bay for a floppy drive.

Video Graphics: Advanced 128MB Nvidia GeForceTM FX 5200, RADEONTM 9800 Pro and 9800 graphics cards offer 8-pixel pipelines, providing high rendering power. ATI's 9800 Pro graphics are great for 3D graphics, intense gamers, robust color and clarity.

I/O Ports: Eight USB 2.0 (2 front/ 6 back) ports for instant flexibility and future expandability. In addition, a front IEEE 1394 port is standard on the front with a 2nd port on back. (See Product Views for details of I/O ports.)

Modem: V.90 DataFax Modem supports up to 56Kbps1 download and 33.6Kbps upload to provide basic data and fax modem functions. Upgrade to V.92 Capable Telephony Modem (up to 56Kpbs download and 33.Kbps upload), which also supports voice communication so you can take phone calls through your PC or use it as your phone and answering machine.

Connectivity: Integrated Intel® PRO/1000 MT Gigabit2 Ethernet Networking makes the Dimension XPS broadband-ready for high-speed Internet access.

Monitors: The Dell UltraSharp 1901FP Flat Panel Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, advanced functionality and the best in LCD panel technology. Whether for corporate or home use, the UltraSharp 1901FP maximizes the viewing experience with ultra-thin bezels and panels that swivel, tilt and pivot to satisfy the most demanding of users. Simple yet efficient on-screen controls enable users to customize to their needs. It utilizes an Active Matrix TFT LCD that displays sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Delivering distortion free images with a fast 25 ms response time and rich powerful colors with 600:1 contrast ratio, this monitor is ideal for usage in a variety of environments from trading floors to graphic design and healthcare. With 5.1 inches (130 mm) of height adjustment, users can adjust the display to their exact comfort level for reducing eye and neck strain. The panel can rotate 90 degrees into portrait mode for an added viewing experience. With four USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side of the display, the 1901FP brings greater flexibility and usability to the desktop.

Sound: : Premium Creative® Audigy 2 sound card with DVD Audio paired with Altec Lansing ADA-745 speakers for 3D gaming and movie watching. Altec Lansing THX® Certified ADA-995 speakers are six-piece set designed to deliver the home theater experience for ultimate gaming on your Dell computer.

Keyboard & Mouse: A color-coordinated Dell QuietKeyTM keyboard with adjustable typing angles, improved feel and PS2 compatible. The matching Dell PS/2 mouse provides a comfortable shape, which conforms to the palm, has 2-buttons, including the fast wheel scrolling which allows you to move through documents quickly.

Most of this is the standard features for the PC. Except the monitor isn't. The monitor is my own choice. And of few of the features shown are the upgraded features.