ID:1889974

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
a beam attack that spawns 2or1 pixel objects continuously to look like a beam. This is so I can activate some code through bump. And if someone gets caught in the middle the parts at the end will still move on. I honestly think this is the best and easiest way to make it look good.

How enefficient would that be? And is there something to make it more efficient?

Best response
Use larger pieces so you don't have to spawn as many or as often. Doing this on an individual pixel level is a recipe for disaster.
Could you not just have a bump/bumped for the tail of the beam? Say you have the head and tail and the player bumps into the tail, it doesn't delete the tail or head?

//little help from kaiochao on this one from what I read on the forums etc.

atom
proc/Bumped(atom/movable/Bumper)

movable
Bump(atom/Obstacle)
..()
Obstacle.Bumped(src)
obj
beam
tail
Bumped(atom/movable/M)
//.......
//do damage
head
Bumped(atom/movable/M)
//...
If you want someone to be able to walk into and interrupt the beam, then the beam will have to be non-dense, so you'll be using Crossed() (maybe you can make a Crosseded() like Bumped() is to Bump()?).
In response to Kaiochao
Oh I'm stupid of course you wouldn't be able to do that, walk through it if it was dense. Well I'm working on it tomorrow. I'll see what I conjure.

Thank lummox if I keep with that idea I'll do that.