ID:1890390

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Not sure where to put this, but this has been an issue I've been having for the last few days now.
Some of the text in a game I play is bigger than usual. It will appear bigger than the otherwise small text. I can provide an example if needed.

The steps I've tried to take while trying to fix this issue were:
-removing Byond from my laptop, then reinstalling it
-restarting
-updating Byond
-Check in game settings

Nothing seems to be working, so if I could receive help on this, that'd be appreciated.
What Operating System and version of OS are you using?
Does this happen in other things as well, like Internet Explorer when browsing web pages? Have you searched the forum for similar cases and tried the suggestions displayed in those posts?
Windows 7, x64 bit.
And no, it doesn't. Only happens with this Byond game I play. (it's pretty much the only one I play too).
And I wouldn't exactly know what to type into the search bar, really.
So the font size of the chat box changes for the one game you play? Does the same things happen to any other game on BYOND? If this is a single case you may want to speak with the developers of that game, as it may be intentional or a game-specific related bug.
I've tried to get their help, the mods. Even the game's owner. They don't know.
Lemme show you a pic.
http://i57.tinypic.com/30a5s07.png
See, the circled parts aren't supposed to be larger, than other text.
I am absolutely 100% certain it's intentional behavior in that game. The programmer specifically makes the "system info" HTML/CSS sloppy (as in, in some of the code the font is made bigger while in other parts of the copy+pasted code it's not been made bigger/smaller). You'll have to take it up with the game owner/programmer. There's nothing BYOND could do. :\

(Notice how all Messages/Chat is small, but System Info is not).
Alright. Then I can come to one conclusion as well: they're trolling me on purpose, because I've asked other players about it and their screens seemed fine.

Thanks for your help nevertheless :)
It's possible that you render it differently, either due to stretching and your screensize or your version of internet explorer, etc.
Well, this didn't happen until a few days ago. The only difference that I did was change the system locale to Japan.
That's it.

And also-- no, I tried to install byond on a different comp just now, and the issue that I am having doesn't show up on this comp. The text appears just fine.
So, it can't be the game itself.
Best response
Someone else recently had trouble with the system locale being set to Japan; it interfered with all kinds of things.
Aha, yes, that was the problem :)
I'll make note of it for the future.