ID:1890953

(See the best response by Amidaychi.)
Hello. I just installed the Byond client to play Space Station 13 and I've run into issue with the in-game chat. For some reason the log only show the initial welcome message directing the player to the servers wikia for game help and the text is off center from the box and cannot be readjusted to be viewed in full. Also I don't receive any in-game messages after the game has started. Would anyone have an idea of something in the software that might cause this issue?
More like the software IS the issue amrite?

Each SS13 server is independent of the others for the most part considering they could be working on different branches of a github post. Really this is an issue you should take up with the server owners via PM (assuming they even visit the website).

Long story short, this is likely an issue with the game which is in no way BYOND's responsibility.
Do you mean lljk servers or what? Specifics?
I ask because Wirewraith changed LLJK's chatbox to a fancy JS module rather than the old one most other servers are using.

You also might be scrolled up, which is a bug that was fixed in 508.1292 finally.
Hello. Thank you for the replies everyone.

Lugia319 wrote:
More like the software IS the issue amrite?

Each SS13 server is independent of the others for the most part considering they could be working on different branches of a github post. Really this is an issue you should take up with the server owners via PM (assuming they even visit the website).

Long story short, this is likely an issue with the game which is in no way BYOND's responsibility.

Okay I was thinking this may just be a server/game issue. Ill see who I can get in contact with for further info.

Amidaychi wrote:
I ask because Wirewraith changed LLJK's chatbox to a fancy JS module rather than the old one most other servers are using.

You also might be scrolled up, which is a bug that was fixed in 508.1292 finally.

The only server I've tried is the Goonstation servers but I really don't know the details of the game. If im scrolled up would a simple software update fix the issue?
In response to Amidaychi
Amidaychi wrote:

Sorry for the double post but i just looked at the server list and the Goonstation servers I was connecting to are labeled LLJK.
Best response
I'll try and bug the person that made lljk's chat interface to see what they think.

Until then, try updating to the latest byond beta from here,
http://www.byond.com/download/build/508/
http://www.byond.com/download/build/508/508.1292_byond.exe

and scroll/mousewheel the chat window after you log in a bit to see if anything changes.
So I just logged into a different server as well as the problem servers and had no issues. Thinking it was only a one off error. If the problem persists then I'll try and update. Thank you for all your help everyone.