ID:1891054

Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
It's not uncommon to get DD to completely hung somewhere, but it's impossible to actually figure out what CAUSED it.

A way to see what proc which proc DD is currently processing would be nice.
Agreed, although practically speaking that's much easier said than done.
i'm ignorant to the workings of the system, because the source isn't available and i'm no good at reverse engineering, but you can already output profiling info why can't you display the current running proc somewhere on the window
Because threading is disabled, the Windows UI will not display any updates on that if DD is locked up. Besides that, it's not actually desirable to update that all the time as it'd be a huge performance drag. In Linux the issues are similar.
Would this be possible: whenever a proc is started DD pauses for a split second to update the UI on windows, then continues.

ofc this could be turned off (I can imagine it would be expensive indeed, but nice to have in cases where having a server constantly crash is worth some performance) and require DEBUG mode for the compile.

This way if DD locks up (atleast on windows) you can still see the current proc on the UI.
i went full stupid and tried to have a log of the last N proc calls and it just completely shits on performance.
In response to PJB3005
PJB3005 wrote:
Would this be possible: whenever a proc is started DD pauses for a split second to update the UI on windows, then continues.

Trust me, you would not want that. The sheer number of proc calls, and the work involved in each UI update, would make that hellish.