In response to Air Mapster
And another one coming up in a few weeks.

Whoa, that's funky... Dramstud registered his key on my birthday. (Not birthdate; if I was 3 3/4 years old, even I would be impressed.)
^^ Congratulations Dareb!! Its great you trust BYOND community enough with that great of news.. I hope you and your family have a great life now..

If this were a cartoon I'd give you one of those exploding cigars.. that would be funny ^^ But this is real life so a handshake and a smoke bomb will do nicely :D hehe..

Once again, congratulations, and I hope the best for you and your family ^^
In response to Theodis
Theodis wrote:
Well like it or not children are heavily influenced by other people and won't really make too many judgements on thier own early on. So if you don't provide this kind of support he'll get it elsewhere which will most likly be his friends. Which is definantly bad since kids around other kids in situations away from adult authority will most definantly act stupid. Your kid will then pick this up as being right and probably have all sorts of problems without a parent to set him straight. I certainly hope your girlfriend has a bit more sense for the childs sake :P.

I think that your mis-interpreting Dareb. Dareb wants his child to be able to choose what he does with his life... not force something like BYOND onto him, thus making him take the road of programming. He wants his child to choose his own pasttimes and likings... and as for the other parts(friends and such,) those come with the proper disciplinary upbringing.

[Edit] Now that I think about it I was restricted mostly from my mother anyway and my dad was pretty lax on most things.

and that that may very well be the only true freedom in this world.

What do you mean? I can do anything I want, but like everyone else I'm going to have to deal with the consequences of my actions. If dealing with consequences kills freedom then there is no freedom since even the things you think will have some kind of reprecusion whether noticable or not.
In response to Resonating_Light
I think that your mis-interpreting Dareb. Dareb wants his child to be able to choose what he does with his life... not force something like BYOND onto him, thus making him take the road of programming. He wants his child to choose his own pasttimes and likings... and as for the other parts(friends and such,) those come with the proper disciplinary upbringing.

That's cool but I've heard some wierdos that think they shouldn't impose any kind of rules or morals on thier kids. Even if thier parents don't teach thier kids morals they will still get them elsewhere(which actually might be better if the kid's parents are that nutty :P).
Page: 1 2