ID:1893215

Hey guys so basically I am making a game and everything is going great, but the one thing that isn't and won't be a possibilities is the whole buildings.
Most games have actual iconned building they or someone had made using paint or something. How do I make a building without making it through paint or something? I know I can use dream maker, but I don't icon that well. Can I make it by just using 32x32 icons? If so how can I not make it look noobish and ugly like it's from a gameboy game or something. I am a one man team and I have tried to get help, but nobody wants to help on this matter. What should I do?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFvsRvo_78Y

It's not a great video, but you want to look up how to make tilesets and whatnot. Understanding constituent elements for tilesets is a good starting point.

Another mistake people make when they are first starting out is using too many colors. Try to use as few colors as possible. I tend to limit myself to 16 to 32 colors, but I'm also known for my 4-color art.

I'm not the best artist in this community, but I've pulled myself up by my bootstraps over the last three years and forced myself to learn the medium.

Yut Put is easily one of our best artists in this community. His advice is going to be the best that you can really get on the subject.