ID:1894274

Redundant
Applies to:DM Language

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Hey, I was wondering if we could add a variable to world that becomes 1 when the world has gone through it's loading process.

This affects procedures like atom.New() which are called before everything is completely present in the world.

I often find myself writing a work around for each of my projects that uses world.New() but I think it would be a good procedure to have built in.
world/New() occurs after global variables and the map are initialized, so it's correct to use it for that. For example, if you have a tile edge generator thing, it definitely fits better in world/New() than turf/New().

But for a workaround to implement this feature yourself:
var loaded
world/New()
..()
loaded = TRUE

I'm not seeing any immediate use for it, but there you go.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Redundant)
How is it implemented or already achievable? It's only achievable if you go through a pain in the butt method. Seems like a simple thing to add which would just be nice.
Setting a var in world/New() is hardly onerous.
In response to Lummox JR
Yeah but for every project. It strikes me as strange that it's never been done. It's a lot more pretty that adding loading code into your demo that has nothing to do with your demo and then you have to add an explanation of why it's there.