ID:1895419

Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Hey, I am an avid player of Space Station 13, and a staff member for one of the servers.

We have had issues from time to time with players using .dll's to mask their CID.

Would it be feasible to add a feature that would check the integrity of their files, such as files in their /bin directory and deny them connection to a server if files differ?

An example of this would be how Paradox (Crusader Kings 2, etc..) handles their multiplayer matchmaking.

When a player attempts to join the server they have a checksum based on their files, and if they have modded anything, their checksum differs from the server's and they are denied access.

Thanks for your time,
Davikhale
Checking this at the level you're suggesting isn't, I think, feasible. For one thing, the hardware ID isn't actually stored anywhere, so there'd be no place to do a checksum against. Instead I'm more interested in the possibility of improved hardware ID detection that's harder (though obviously not impossible) to mask.
I see. Well, I like the idea. Until then, does anyone have any ideas on how we could find a work around for this? Because players are using a dll file to mask their ID.. No way of rewriting over the dll on load? Like, when they login to byond, and it checks for updates.. it detects a change in the file and re-writes it?

PS: Thank you for the prompt reply!