ID:1897617

Seems the player can only be doing one thing at a time, you can't be doing two actions at the same time. If you're moving and you use a verb the character stops, does the verb action, then continue moving. Any way to allow simultaneous actions from the player?
Look up the "instant" setting. This may help more.
set instant = 1
This will work for some stuff, but not what I'm ideally looking for. If the player has a skill that can shoot stuff, I want them to be able to use that shooting skill while moving. Or if they want to attack, attack while moving. As it is right now, if I have the attack macro on repeat and hold it down while I'm moving I'll just stop moving until I stop holding it down. I'm guessing its not possible, but is there a way for the player to both move and use these skills at the same time? As it is right now it looks very choppy.
You'll need to write your own keyboard handler if you want the ability to do what you want (or find an existing one on the hub). Basically the idea is using keydown and keyup macros to add/remove from a list and running an event loop that handles what using said keys will do.

It also makes it so you can handle arrow-key movement better by allowing diagonals by pressing up+left for instance.
Ok so I tried doing both. I used a keyup/down system that handles moving with keys, both keyup/keydown has been set to instant. I set the verb that fires to instant as well, it doesn't work still. Does fire need to be implemented into keyup/keydown for this to work?
In response to Gluscap
To be honest, looking at code is easier than telling you what you should hypothetically do. But it's basically as Nadrew says. You'll want to capture key-presses and handle the processes through there instead of your current method. The "instant" setting helps to avoid queuing up a lot of commands and get them processed faster (hence why you see a bunch of diagonal movement libraries use this to avoid delay between keypresses and movement).

Another method would be to have the player's functions be offloaded so the player just gives the information in parameter form (like delay, amount, variables, etc.) and have another object actually perform the process.
So, Using Punch and Back-flip at the same time, you would send the Punch variables to another object and have that object do the actual function (calculating math for damage, experience gainage, etc.) and the Back-flip the same method. That would mean the Player is only telling the objects what it wants done, and the objects actually do the functions leaving the player to finish up before the objects are done. This isn't a preferred method either.

You could also try to utilize spawn()for your procs. This will call whatever is within spawn() while still having the rest of the proc finish up.