The Untold Kingdoms

by Wikked_Klwn420
The Untold Kingdoms
New original open world semi sandbox Medieval RPG seen never before!
ID:1898190

The Untold Kingdoms
The new medieval open world sandbox rpg coming to BYOND.

Few things that have been being worked on and or finished in the past few weeks:

- Been trying to finish up getting the skills finished, or started so they are accessible.

- Finished a player housing system, that uses a custom building generator I made that generates simple square buildings for now, but can have a custom size, the amount of materials needed are based on how big the house is you're trying to make. The houses will save, and can be generated anywhere on the map as long as it's not too close to the edge of the map, a mob, or another house, to avoid generating issues. All items that are dropped on the ground inside the houses will also save. The owner of the house will be able to double click the doors to either lock them or unlock them, if a door is unlocked, any player will be able to enter and leave freely.

- Item owner/stealing system. After you pick up an item, it starts the procedure to change the ownership over to you. If the item is newly created, lets say dropped by a mob, then owner of that item is N/A. If you pick up an item thats owner is N/A then that item will become yours after about 10 seconds. If the item you pick up, happens to already have an owner, say items that are inside players houses, then once you pick it up it's considered stealing. For a stolen item to become yours, you must keep that item in your inventory for 5mins without logging out for the item to change ownership over to you. If you logout, or die, before that 5mins, then all the items you picked up that aren't in your ownership, drop on the ground for any other player to pick up. If you are stealing from someones house, and the owner happens to be around the area in view, they can lock the doors on you and lock you inside, if they die within' range of their doors, then their doors to their house become unlocked for 15 seconds, this is to allow anyone locked inside to get out before they get locked inside. If you are locked inside a house, will have to relog to get out(For now at least). So the owner of the house could run inside their house and also lock the doors, locking you both inside, and then he can then kill you, or you could attempt to kill them then run away with their items.

- Movement speed based on what type of armor you are wearing (light, medium, or heavy) as well as the level in the skill for that armor type.

- I got the basic system in for 90% of all the skills, so when art gets done, I can get stuff done fast.

- Got a lag free Day & Night system in, with a simple lightning system I put together for when it gets dark out. Not the best lighting, but it still looks good.

- Can now also double click items that are on the ground to pick them up(Still have to be within 1 tile of the item to grab)

- Got mob and obj(Like trees) shadows in (Credits to Kidpaddles Shadow Generator Lib), Modified for mobs to show the overlays of their equipment. At night you will no longer have a shadow. As it starts to turn night, or day time, the shadows gradually get more visible or less visible and the location of the shadow changes when day&night transitions go on.

- Made it so if you generate a building over trees, the trees will get deleted, and as the building saves, with reboots the trees wont respawn back, so players don't have to take the time to chop down trees a bunch just to build there.

-The currency, Coins, now are a dropable item from mobs and players. To pick Coins up on the ground, just double click them.

- I added terraforming skill. When having a shovel equipped if you meet certain requirements you can double click the ground to terraform it. Grass to dirt is first stage and just requires a shovel. Then if you have rocks that you gain from mining, and at least a skill level of 15 in terraforming, you can double click dirt to turn it into pavement. Different types of roads will be coming soon. You will only be able to terraform the land during day time. Each different shovel will reduce the terraform time.

---------------------------------------------------------
This is what I got done today:

- What i worked on today and got done, was player created shops. To create a shop, you will need some Coin. After you create a shop, you can then double click it to open the shop interface, which is how you open all shops. To add items to your shops, you drag items from your inventory into the shop interface, to remove items from your shop, you drag the items from the shop into your inventory. If a another player opens your shop up, then to buy something they drag the item to their inventory and it buys it for the price you set for the item, which is also how you buy from any shop. If you want to sell an item to a shop, doesn't matter the shop, you just drag an item from your inventory into the shop, and it will sell it for a 3rd of the price listed in the description of the item. This is pretty much if you want some quick instant Coin. So obviously selling to players in your own market would make more Coin, but you have to wait for stuff to sell. Now, each time a player buys something from your store, the amount they paid for the item goes towards the amount of coin the shop has, if you open your own shop up, you will see 2 buttons that only the shop owner can see, which is Collect coin, which lets you collect the coin the shop has gained from players who bought items from it(Note: If a player sells items to your shop, it does not go towards the shop amount that you can collect). Then there is a delete shop button, which will delete your shop, also will delete any items still in the shop as well, so if you want the items back you better remove them first. There is no limit on the amount of items that can be put into your shop, and there is no limit on how many shops you can make. The shops will save and carry over just like buildings will. Unless deleted by the owner of course. Doesn't matter the location where a shop can be created, as long as it's more then 4 tiles away from another shop.

----------------------------------------------------------

Some screenshots are uploaded. Don't mind the icons, they are either place holders from resources I had, or just some I created to use real quick. I have the original icons being worked on and waiting for them to be complete before I change them all.
I would highly suggest changing the size of your walls to 64x64 to accompany the fact that the players are 2x the size, which is very abnormal.
Thanks for the input I didn't think about that at the moment since I don't plan on using those walls in the future. But that is true and probably wouldn't of considered it until you said that, Thanks ^.^
If you read in the first post, I mentioned that I ain't using the icons that are in the screen shots. I have my own original icons being made. But they aren't complete yet. So I used the icons I had on my laptop first as placeholders to get stuff done while I wait, since me myself is not an artist. I am well aware it is Naruto Evolution base, which actually is isn't, it's a modified version of it. But yeah, I don't plan on keeping it, I used it to get some game mechanics done. The game isn't even close to alpha stages yet.

I know that a smaller icon size would be a great deal easier to deal with, especially in the long run, and know for a fact no matter what a game looks like, if it plays good then people will play it. Myself though, can't deal with such small icons, at least can only to a certain point. I've been around on BYOND for about 10 years now, and I have been wanting to see something a little different then your average BYOND game.

I appreciate your input though, and don't worry, I don't plan on using any of those icons in the screenshots. Besides some of the materials in the inventory since those are actually mine. I honestly hate using any art that isn't mine originally, will only use it as a placeholder since I am an inpatient coder and like to get stuff done fast, I tend to pass my artists way before they can get something done for me lol. I was hesitant to even upload that screenshot due to the fact I didn't have my player base done yet, and figured that would of got pointed out. But I am aware of it, and it is not staying, trust me ^.^ I think the base is pretty ugly anyways in my opinion.