ID:1898441

was not into it for so many months but earlier this week i was like whatever it will do and i'm just trying to make some progress with it
i am looking for every opinion in the world let's do this i think

http://i.imgur.com/E8cybri.png?1
im jelly i want that as my base icon its good

quick edit.. put some big boy ears on that boi, let me know if you ever need c+c.
try using this as a directional guide instead of actually using it.
In response to Hebrons
this is nice and it looks like it didn't take you so long to do it and i've always wanted to get there
but i am not into that oily look, going for a more dull, dry look because it fits more with the premise of the game i have in mind
also i have no idea about the proportions of the human body so this is a struggle but i'll get it walking eventually
In response to Hebrons
Hebrons wrote:

quick edit.. put some big boy ears on that boi, let me know if you ever need c+c.

Where is his mouth?.. Lol
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
Hebrons wrote:

Where is his mouth?.. Lol
Lol didn't put much effort into all that bro
Definitely prefer the original you did to the edit, for walking I've always found animation guides online really helpful. Or you could stand in front of a mirror or record yourself walking and take it from there.

Good luck. (:
In response to Zach Reznor
would you mind linking a few you prefer? i sort of just pace around my house for hours and try to imitate my movements down onto the dream maker
the only problem is i don't know what anything actually looks like haha
For animating walking I just generally have up a couple of reference images
This one is a bit carttony but gives a good idea of what the steps should look like and where the leg/foot should be.

update

any input is appreciated
right? i thought it was to dull
but what do you think of the arms? are they out too far?
Looks good, but in my opinion your base look rigidly. Look at shoulders and thighs, need more.... move.
In response to Marekssj3
oh, true, really working on getting things moving because i always thought that was a problem in games, especially with NPCs. well, at least on byond, everything just stands still and stares blankly out into nothingness and i really want to avoid that and make the game more lively, more professional. but glad you pointed that out, will post updates later hopefully
When the arms and legs move back make them shorter/smaller it's called Foreshortening rotate the shoulders as well ur base is too big to take animation shortcuts.
In response to Southv2

nahh
i have done that before and will again in different states but for this walking state i wanted it to be a slow walking state with little movement. i feel like if i use the foreshortening or whatever it would imply that hes bringing his arms back farther than they need to be for the slow walking. and as for the shortcuts, im just lazy, definitely gonna use all the shortcuts i can oman i don't even care haha i think it'll look fine enough maybe i don't know
In response to Uglee
Uglee wrote:

nahh
i have done that before and will again in different states but for this walking state i wanted it to be a slow walking state with little movement. i feel like if i use the foreshortening or whatever it would imply that hes bringing his arms back farther than they need to be for the slow walking. and as for the shortcuts, im just lazy, definitely gonna use all the shortcuts i can oman i don't even care haha i think it'll look fine enough maybe i don't know

No... I suggest u look up and study Foreshortening cause as it stands right now u don't understand it.

If u use Foreshortening it would imply his arms and legs are further away from users view which is the case when mimicking movement... Things that are closer to the camera Should be bigger things further away smaller it's the correct way to do things.

Also... Ain't no room for shortcuts or errors when working with big pieces take shortcuts and everything falls apart smaller pieces like 32x32 U can shortcut, cheat and have all the errors in the world aslong as it looks good and viewers can't notice the errors as it stands right now ur walk doesn't look like a walk and u need to completely redo the entire thing.

In response to Southv2
nah, i understand foreshortening, and it isnt necessary here, maybe if the arms or legs went further back or further forward, but like i said, i'm trying to capture as little movement as i can while still having it walk, but so that it can be used for a slow walk. and in what way does it not look like it is walking? what would you say it was doing? i actually could manipulate shading better i guess so you can tell the limbs are moving behind the body and maybe the feet are a little weird too but yeah, looks like walking to me
In response to Uglee
Uglee wrote:
nah, i understand foreshortening, and it isnt necessary here,

This right here proves u don't understand it... U can't have a walk state especially south and north state's with out Foreshortening... U need to trick our eyes into thinking the base is actually moving.
In response to Southv2
okay, stop saying i just don't understand it because i won't use it in the walking state, it is in no way difficult to understand. i understand it.

anyway, what does it look like the base is doing to you in your opinion?
In response to Uglee
Uglee wrote:
okay, stop saying i just don't understand it because i won't use it in the walking state, it is in no way difficult to understand. i understand it.

anyway, what does it look like the base is doing to you in your opinion?

I'm saying u don't understand it because if u did u would know u have to use it and choosing not to is the wrong way of doing it.

Base looks like it's doing the quan dance or something not walking.
Page: 1 2