ID:1899221

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I have been finding it exceedingly difficult lately to find time to sit at my computer to work on my projects.

I know it is not feasible to bring front end software to Android or iOS. However, what about an Android version of Dream Maker? It would heavily increase productivity if it was somehow possible to manipulate my sources on the go while unable to be at any PC. On the matter be developers would find this kind of thing to be rather useful, I am sure.

I am not the only one who thinks this, am I? Even if I cannot play via my phone, I would like the ability to still create and be productive. Thoughts and insight greatly welcomed.
I think it'd be easier for Lummox to make an html5 dart version of dream maker, rather than re-write davecode in ARM for apk.

both would work on an android platform, though.
Well, considering that Android is a modified version of Linux and actually has Linux console prompt hidden away.. Was just a thought. (Said Linux functions are inherently locked without major modifications to your Android device, however)
Byond has enough problems working on windows as it is. Porting it to linux, let alone both a linux/unix based architecture AND an entirely new processor architecture, would take far more code work then just working with html5.
DreamMaker and DreamDaemon both work on Linux so I'm not sure "porting" would you're on about, of course they're both command line so all that's needed for Linux is a GUI...

This can all be done on eclipse anyway.
DreamMaker and DreamDaemon both work on Linux so I'm not sure "porting" would you're on about, of course they're both command line so all that's needed for Linux is a GUI...

My wet dream is actually a multi-user IDE. Think Gobby crossed with Notepad++ and Draw with Friends crossed with MSPaint plus a multi-player map editor.

I'd slit a man's throat with his own thighbone to have that. But alas, it'll never happen.
You can easily make a fully blown MUD using nothing but nano (or vi), DreamMaker, telnet on linux, that said nothing wrong with running a VM with Windows on it, if you need a GUI.

I don't get what the fuss is about though.
Map making, mostly. Unless you're gonna tell me you text edit those too. (you technically can)
In response to Amidaychi
Amidaychi wrote:
Map making, mostly. Unless you're gonna tell me you text edit those too. (you technically can)

You're right, you can you could also generate maps as well.

A HTML 5 IDE would be sweet though.
I think I read that it was planned to open-source the tools, that might be a good thing to do.