ID:1899929

Resolved
Canceling a prompt very quickly after creating it (before the popup actually appeared) made the popup appear anyway, except it could not be closed.
BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 43.0.2357.134
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When spamming a byond_input class, if you send null text through the default input it gets stuck on the screen.

http://puu.sh/j5Idq/dac5af02a9.png

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Spam an input.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime I spam the input and send a null string through.
In other games? Not sure, I would assume.
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?N/A

BETA 508.1293

Can you clarify what you mean by "spamming" and sending null text? I'm not sure I follow. A code example would help as well.
By spamming I mean just hitting 1 or two letters and hitting enter really fast and continuously. It may have nothing to do with sending empty strings as I have added the check and it still happens. You can test it live here: http://www.byond.com/play/embed/174.54.26.57:2001

say verb
    verb
say(t as text)
if(lentext(t) > 0)
id++
var/bgcol = {"background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #fff, [isEven(id) ? "#ddd" : "#eee"]);"}
var/_output1 = {"<div id="chat[id]" style="[bgcol];"><b><a class="wht_outline">[_myName] _</b></a> <a style="color: #000;">[t]</a></div>"}
world << output(LP("#chat[id]"), "browser:getID")
world << output(LP(_output1), "browser:edit")
else return

and

dms script
<body>
<div id=browser byondclass=browser></div>
<div id=input byondclass=input style="background-color:#eee;"></div>
</body>
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Canceling a prompt very quickly after creating it (before the popup actually appeared) made the popup appear anyway, except it could not be closed.