ID:1899991

im having trouble on multiple things so please bare with me, I need a sample code for a HUD and how to make tabs and how to make skill slots that are non customizable for a sidescroller:

Hi Runecaster. I noticed you had two different threads on this, one of them posted in BYOND Help; I had moved it here and then saw you had two identically titled threads, so I deleted the old one.

A couple of tips here: First, please make sure your text goes outside of the <b>...</b> tags from the forum template, not in; as you can see your text is in bold, so it's harder to read. Second, your questions are too generic, so it'd help if you can narrow it down.

Sample code for a HUD is easy enough to find in the reference, so if you need something more specific just tell people what you're looking for. For the skill slots thing, it's not clear how that ties into sidescrollers at all, so your best bet to get help on that is to elaborate on what you mean.
I have gotten help from many people now including eternal memories but i just cannot find out what the problem is in this code

mob/proc/onDead()
if(Health <= 0)

KO = 1
icon_state = "dead"
sleep()

it keeps saying bad argument definition on the mob/proc/onDead() line
If you post your code inside <dm>...</dm> tags, it preserves the indentation and makes your code readable. Without the indentation it's not clear what's wrong. I also suspect that the code immediately before this is part of the problem, and what you have is an indentation error.
mob/icon='Kakashi.dmi'

mob/verb/jutsu1()
icon='Kakashi.dmi'
icon_state = "jutsu1"

mob/proc/Damage(D)
Health -= D
if(Health <= 0)

mob/var/Health() = 100

mob/proc/onDead()
if(Health <= 0)

KO = 1
icon_state = "dead"
sleep()
is currently what im using though
Here's the issue:

mob/var/Health() = 100

Health is a var, not a proc, so it shouldn't have the parentheses.

Oftentimes if you have a syntax error, the compiler won't complain until the line afterward.