ID:1900863

In the reference it says:

"Reload the world from scratch. Any connected players will automatically relogin."

But! what do they reconnect to? The address they used to connect originally or the address the world thinks its at.

I'm doing research to look at configuring a load balancing port in our firewall, that will direct connections to one of the two server ports randomly, So this particular distinction matters. If a user connects to port 3337, and this sends them to 1337 (sybil), and that round ends, would they connect to 3337 again (possibly getting sent to 2337, where the round may still be in progress,) or would they connect to 1337?

As far as I know DreamDaemon takes all incoming and outgoing network data on a single port. If a user is directed to another world using that connection, the connection will change ports.

To incorporate different ports for use with the world, multiple DreamDaemon instances need to be running. These are each their own world communicating with each other using Topic and Export. A DreamSeeker instance can only connect to one world at a time.

When a world is restarted, it uses the same exact port, unless explicitly shut down and rebooted.
While I appreciate the attempt, that doesn't quite answer the question and assumes some things not true.

Did you actually read my question?

As far as I know DreamDaemon takes all incoming and outgoing network data on a single port.
To incorporate different ports for use with the world, multiple DreamDaemon instances need to be running.

The port DD thinks the connection is coming on, and the actual port the client connected to are 100% separated and have no relation. This is the thing that you assumed was true that isn't.

I have an enterprise level firewall server in between the 3 servers (two game servers, and 1 database server). All connections have to pass thru it, and it even sniffs the data and can even close connections or blacklist ip addresses based on the actual traffic between the clients and the server. When an exploit was found that allowed users to fake authenticate as any byond username, I setup a firewall rule that detected this exploit and blacklisted ips it saw from it.

I could have every port in existence forward to the 1 port DD uses if I took to the time to map all 65 thousand ports.

I think the level of networking I'm operating on is above your paygrade, so to speak.

When a world is restarted, it uses the same exact port, unless explicitly shut down and rebooted.

This isn't about what port DD uses after a restart, This is about how the clients re-connect. I would assume they connect to the same address and port they used to connect the first time, but if DD tells them the port and the detected ip address to reconnect to on world restart, thats a whole nother issue.

I stated clearly in my post that i was talking about what the clients connect to, not what port DD uses on restaret.

While I appreciate the attempt; Please read the post you are replying to before replying. Otherwise you come off rude.
The client will always reconnect to the address they were connected to, port and all, if the forwarding is happening outside of the BYOND program I doubt the client would be aware of it to the point of trying to connect to the port it was forwarded to, as far as it was concerned it was successfully connected to the port it initially connected to.

But, all you can really do is test it, since it's pretty uncommon on BYOND to do this there's no going to be much information on the process.
The connection is never actually broken during world reboot. All clients are kept active, and merely go through some refreshing.