ID:1901409

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm unsure if this feature is actually already in Byond, as I don't really own any mobile devices that I use very often. However, I do have a number of friends that have a lot of free time, but don't spend much of it on an actual computer. Therefore, I was wondering if Byond was compatible with many mobile devices such as phones, tablets and so forth. If they aren't, seeing a version that works at least with windows phones and other devices capable of browsing the internet would be pretty awesome.
The webclient is compatible with mobile devices, at least newer ones. I'm sure it won't work on my first-gen Kindle Fire, but on an iPad with iOS 7 or higher it should be fine.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
The webclient is compatible with mobile devices, at least newer ones. I'm sure it won't work on my first-gen Kindle Fire, but on an iPad with iOS 7 or higher it should be fine.

any chance we will be seeing a Byond pager app in the near future?

possibly akin to the steam app in a way?
In response to Ss4gogeta0
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

No. This has already been summarily rejected with prejudice as an earlier feature request. The effort would be prohibitively expensive.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

No. This has already been summarily rejected with prejudice as an earlier feature request. The effort would be prohibitively expensive.

Easiest method is to make the forums/website mobile responsive.

I honestly don't mind looking into that if you want. It's my day job after all.
Could we at least get a mobile friendly version of the site someday? I'm not asking for priority, but 90% of my forum browsing is done from my phone now and it'd be convenient for a lot of people.
Honestly the Android SDK is so easy to work with, you don't really need much else, even if it is a little verbose. No one cares about iPhones. If you think you care about iPhones, you don't. As far as a mobile-friendly version of the website, I'd be all over that.
Lummox is working to port things to html5, which will be platform agnostic. Using it on a mobile device would be as simple as having a separate interface layout/skin for the same program. Working on apk would not only directly go against platform agnostic development but split development to take much longer.

Also, if a reason you might want apk based byond tools is 'html5 doesn't run well on my device', then apk wouldn't change much, especially if already running an apk-based browser that is fully accelerated on your device. There would have to be a dedicated push to develop the program with cut down features in order to support lower end platforms.