ID:190196

I got Xenosaga pre-ordered, now im guaranteed to get it on friday ;).

Just got Everquest Online Adventures, its fun. but they need to add skills and more variety in weapons, a few more dungeons couldnt kill them either. Otherwise its missing nothing. Im certain they will expand upon this Everquest just as they did with the others.

Im just hoping that we just download the updates (with the hard drive attachment)

Dark Cloud 2 is pretty Rip ass too, i liked the original pretty much but this one brings it to a new level, more immersive, more details. more weapons and abilities.

I hope Xenosaga proves to be a good game. oh well, we'll see.

Yours truly, the master and eternal Ruler of Game Concept Design, Dareb
Dareb wrote:
Im just hoping that we just download the updates (with the hard drive attachment)

FYI, the patches go to the Memory Card, and the first one already happened a while ago(Fixing mostly quest issues).
In response to Alathon
The hard drive attachment can hold much more than the memory cards can. they are the alternative.. I have no doubt that they will make it a requirement to download expansions, not just patches.

I thought I was being clear with that, but apparently some people need that communicative step-ladder
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
The hard drive attachment can hold much more than the memory cards can. they are the alternative.. I have no doubt that they will make it a requirement to download expansions, not just patches.

I thought I was being clear with that, but apparently some people need that communicative step-ladder

"Expand" is a broad word. Everquest is patched every day almost, "expanding" it. Im not even sure if they will make expansions download to a hard drive(Obviously not to Memory Card either, but I have my doubts about downloadable expansions), although from a financial point it makes some sense, but not much. Their reasoning for choosing to download patches to the Memory Card has only one painfully obvious benefit: People don't have to buy hard-drives to play an MMORPG

By having expansions download to Hard Drive, they are eliminating the benefit of choosing to store patch data on a Memory Card, which is a h-u-g-e limitation on their system anyway.

Introducing a new model in the game can now only be done via expansions, since they take up so much space(They are only allowing 4mb patch files. A model is roughly 800k, needing several for a completely animated one), and they won't ever be able to introduce new areas to the game without expansions(They've not done this much in EQPC, but its been done about 5-6 times).

Of course I'm guessing about not downloading expansions to a hard drive, but it just doesn't seem likely, given their choice of the Memory Card.