In response to Gazoot
then im the exception

because I can write at an equally incredible speed whether or not i look at the keyboard
In response to Gazoot
I'm not so much concerned about configuring the keyboard as switching between typing methods. Some kinds of learning are easy to swap -- for example, you can alternate between walking, roller-skating, and riding a bike without needing to re-acclimate yourself whenever you switch modes of transportation. But if you switch between, say, a DOS command line, a UNIX command line, and a VMS command line, it's pretty easy to forget the environment you're in and use the command that's most familiar to you.

In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
I'm not so much concerned about configuring the keyboard as switching between typing methods. Some kinds of learning are easy to swap -- for example, you can alternate between walking, roller-skating, and riding a bike without needing to re-acclimate yourself whenever you switch modes of transportation. But if you switch between, say, a DOS command line, a UNIX command line, and a VMS command line, it's pretty easy to forget the environment you're in and use the command that's most familiar to you.

It might be easier than you think... probably more along the lines of speaking two different languages, and switching back and forth. As long as you keep practicing them both, this is not a big deal.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
because I can write at an equally incredible speed whether or not i look at the keyboard

Of course, you don't even need a keyboard to write, since you write on paper. And, you're not a "typist" if you look at the keys, you're just a fast typer. A typist is someone that can type with very little flaw at decent speeds without looking at the keys.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Dareb wrote:

Of course, you don't even need a keyboard to write, since you write on paper. And, you're not a "typist" if you look at the keys, you're just a fast typer. A typist is someone that can type with very little flaw at decent speeds without looking at the keys.

Here's a standard definition that may clear up his statement:

Incredible: So implausible as to elicit disbelief

Yup. Incredible.
In response to Nadrew
Yes, I type incredibly fast, and incredibly accurate at it aswell.

Im quick to repair any mistakes I make, and damn, im way ahead of the rest of these people.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:

That lack of a space would claim otherwise.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Dareb wrote:

That lack of a space would claim otherwise.

Not to mention the missing ' in I'm in the next sentence... =)
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:

Not to mention the missing ' in I'm in the next sentence... =)

Not once, but twice... And a non-capitalized "i" in the second instance...
In response to digitalmouse
I dont know whats in your eyes, but there is no missing space.

And I rarely ever put apostrophes in. I stated that I was quick and accurate, not that Im a grammar freak OR that I communicate clearly.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
"The greatest part about people who harp on things; is that you can pull their strings." - Dareb
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
I dont know whats in your eyes, but there is no missing space.

"Yes, I type incredibly fast, and incredibly accurate at it <font color=yellow>aswell.</font>"

I didn't have any trouble spotting it.

And I rarely ever put apostrophes in. I stated that I was quick and accurate, not that Im a grammar freak OR that I communicate clearly.

Accuracy includes correct apostrophes, capitalization, and spelling. Anything else is known as a "typo."
In response to Dareb

No space... Digitalmouse was correct...

And the very essence of "accuracy" in typing is proper spelling and grammar... Leaving out apostrophes definitely is not accurate... Therefore, you are not accurate... Quick, maybe, but not accurate...
you damn idiot, aswell is a word.
In response to Dareb
That may be true, but I'm just messing with you... You've got no control over my "strings"...
In response to Dareb
No, it is not... "As well" is a phrase meaning "also"... But "aswell" is not a word...
In response to Skysaw
aswell is one word OR two words.

and accuracy has nothing to do with grammar or punctuation.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
you damn idiot, aswell is a word.

Here we go again.

Dareb, you really ought to check your facts before hitting the post button. Once again, you are inventing language, and once again, you look foolish.

"aswell" is not a word. "as" and "well" are two words, however.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
aswell is one word OR two words.

Show me a dictionary that has that entry, and earn yourself 100 dimes.

and accuracy has nothing to do with grammar or punctuation.

This attitude will have you fail a typing test. No soup for you!
it can be used either way.

The english language is wide and complex, it has room for many odd words. But it does not have room for people like you.

The english language grows, and continues to grow.

Aswell is a word.
Page: 1 2 3 4