ID:1902756

Currently I'm in the process of building a PC. But my current PC is an old dell with some upgrades here and there. Comment below your PC specs.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad - Q6600
RAM - DDR2 4gb Ram (samsung something or other)
mobo - Some crappy Dell mATX
GPU - ASUS AMD Radeaon 7850 2gb (Bottleneck Heaven with my CPU)
HDD - 1x 640 GB and 1x 1TB

As I said I'm currently in the process of upgrading and today I bought a new cpu an AMD FX-8350. Not the best CPU but for the price and what I want to do, you can't go wrong.
I won't post my specs, I'll just show a pic, you feel me?

My PC gaming setup is why console peasants would love to kill me, spill 3 quarts of my blood in the street, let alone the heat.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Your area looks decked out lmao
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.667ghz stock OC'd to 4.0ghz at time of writing (I disable hyperthreading, so it's a 4-core machine)
GPU: GTX960 SuperSC 2.0GB
Memory: 6GB DDR3 1866 (I had a few sticks die on me)
mobo: (I don't even remember anymore, pretty sure it's some high model EVGA board that I overpaid for)
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB HDD (I lost two platters recently)

I built this machine out in Korea back in 2008, but it's still holding up and playing modern games at max specs with only GPU and cooling upgrades.

If I can make some recommendations, Rickoshay, 8-core is really not necessary for most users. Check out the Vishera 3.5ghz black edition. It's about $100 less and overclocks nicely to 4ghz if you buy aftermarket cooling (A Coolermaster D92 is still cheaper than the extra you'd spend on that FX-8350).
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
I won't post my specs, I'll just show a pic, you feel me?

My PC gaming setup is why console peasants would love to kill me, spill 3 quarts of my blood in the street, let alone the heat.

Also, I find it hilarious that when you stole that image from Toobbox.com's blog, you chose an alienware PC to showcase, which is basically like rolling a turd in glitter and selling it for a premium listed as diamond earrings.
It takes an Alienware customer to be able to immediately recognize an Alienware computer when the logo is nowhere visible in that image. So I guess we can conclude you purchased one of these glitter-covered turds.

RIP in peace Ter13's credibility 2015.
So I guess we can conclude you purchased one of these glitter-covered turds.

Read it on the page of the blog where the image links to.

Jelly?
Dude, how many baud is that?
I have no idea. But what I can tell you is that the internet has never looked so great on Telnet as it does on this thing.
In response to Mr_Goober
Mr_Goober wrote:

Jelly?

nice cash register you got there

Definitely looks like one of those stations they use at restaurants to put in orders.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Definitely looks like one of those stations they use at restaurants to put in orders.

Just as up-to-date, too.
I don't like showing off but since your all showing off

now don't y'all wish you had a sweet machine like this :)
@Ter I'm only getting the 8350 because I like to stream and I ran a youtube channel at one time which I'd like to get back into.

Also I think now with consoles having the 8-core cpu's we may see games starting to use them a little better.

I've already bought the CPU too as well.
True, that Vishera's a little weak in the streaming category.
I have a $200 eMachine from Walmart that I bought in 2011. It includes:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 220 Processor (~2.8GHz)
RAM: 2 GB (which isn't even enough to run Windows 7 with all the flashy settings turned on)
MOBO: A stone tablet with a hand-crank on it I assume.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
HDD: 500 GB

Yeah, I'm still in the Jurassic period of computing.
I remember when I was a GeForce-using peon.

Now I'm all about that Radeon thug life.
I love me an AMD GPU price to performance wise. But I think the nvidia cards always have a bit easier on release day games.

Once again that might change with amd apu's in consoles.
APUs are great for what they are price-wise, but I've steered people away from them because their L1/L2 cache sizes are unacceptably small.

IMO You can't beat AMD's cpus, but their GPUs are still overpriced and underpowered. Best GPU on the market for the price right now is the GTX960.
Page: 1 2