ID:1903784

Resolved
flick() previously didn't work with /icon datums, requiring a call to fcopy_rsc() first. Now the call is no longer required.
Applies to:Dream Daemon
BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.89

This issue has been resolved.
Are you seeing this behavior while using Dream Seeker, or the webclient? Or does it occur in both?
This needs more information; I don't really have anything I can test. A test case would be helpful.
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
You might put together a test environment demonstrating the bug in action, then dump it in Dev Help to confirm whether it's a bug or not.

I've put together a bunch of bug reports in the past only to realize that I'm an idiot. This could be an instance of brain not fully engaged or misunderstanding of what's going on.

I usually run my bug reports by 2-3 people before I post them if I'm not able to get a clear handle on the issue.
If it's not marked 'verified' or 'resolved' there's no indication Lummox has been able to even reproduce it, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's actually marked 'unverified' which means Lummox tried to reproduce it and had no luck, you'll just have to wait and see what your latest test project yields for him when he gets around to looking at it.
I'll take a look at this in a short while.
Correction: Your file is no longer up. I'll need it to investigate your issue.
http://files.byondhome.com/Flick/flickbug_src.zip

Link to a project showing this bug. Unless I'm missing something in using flick().

This is the entirety of the code:
mob
icon = 'mob.dmi'
verb
FlickDMI()
flick('smoke.dmi', src)

FlickDynamicIcon()
var/icon/I = icon('smoke.dmi')
flick(I, src)

FlickDMI works fine, FlickDynamicIcon doesn't work at all.

EDIT: This is in DS. Didn't try it in the webclient yet.
EDIT2: Doesn't work in the webclient either.
And by the way, I can absolutely verify the accuracy of the title of this post...
I'll be looking into this today.
I've moved this to Feature Requests because I found the cause, and IMO it's not a bug, just a missing feature.

The problem is that you're flicking with an /icon datum, not an actual cached icon. I'll add support for that.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
flick() previously didn't work with /icon datums, requiring a call to fcopy_rsc() first. Now the call is no longer required.