ID:1904318

Has anyone seen a actual simulation of feudal japan, historically accurate game? (based on between 15th century and 17th century)

If so links?

There is plenty of war stuff games. Where's the rest? Surely someone stepped outside the comfort zone of war/battle simulation in all these fantasy games loosely based around Japanese/Asian culture.

Maybe I need to actually watch extra credits japan history lessons lol. Just thought of that.
*Furiously waits for Assassin's Creed to go to feudal japan*
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
*Furiously waits for Assassin's Creed to go to feudal japan*

You really want to see yet another AC game??
In response to A.T.H.K
Not really, but AC is known for their efforts in maintaining historical accuracy.
In response to Lugia319
I like how the French one gave up on launch. Nice to see them sticking to their guns.
Meanwhile I'm over here praying that Dishonored 2 doesn't disgrace the original.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
I like how the French one gave up on launch. Nice to see them sticking to their guns.

There was a lot of bad PR on AC: Unity and it as a whole seemed to be a flop. There's a lot more hype on Syndicate; though like OX notes, it really does have a sorely missed opportunity for an all out dance battle royale.
As I read this, I thought, "if Mount & Blade had a Japan mod..."

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo
In response to Kaiochao
Thought the exact same thing when I saw this post.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
Meanwhile I'm over here praying that Dishonored 2 doesn't disgrace the original.

Oh god I hope not!

Same with Star Wars Battlefront ...

Have you seen the new Fable? They totally went in another direction compared to the classic :(
I'd actually really enjoy seeing a feudal Japan themed Wargame. Been getting into Warhammer 40k recently and I'm honestly wondering why more people don't choose to do traditional turn based Wargames over the RTS. I like being able to take time with my strategy, after all.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:
I'd actually really enjoy seeing a feudal Japan themed Wargame. Been getting into Warhammer 40k recently and I'm honestly wondering why more people don't choose to do traditional turn based Wargames over the RTS. I like being able to take time with my strategy, after all.

You should checkout Endless Legend on Steam, fabulous game.
In response to Kats
Kats wrote:

Because RTS is harder and less boring to watch and play.

Some turn based games take even longer than a Dota 2 or League match, which is on average 20-40 minutes. I remember playing like, over an hour in one match against the CPU in PoxNora. It's just wayyyyyy too drawn out.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I don't so much mind longer games.