ID:190493

One of my game boy games fell in the water and stayed there for 30 minutes, do you think it is possible that it would still work? Have your vote! Yes or no?
Mrhat99au wrote:
One of my game boy games fell in the water and stayed there for 30 minutes, do you think it is possible that it would still work? Have your vote! Yes or no?

Why did you leave it in there for so long...
I'll say no...
In response to Nova2000
I didnt actually know at the time it was there, but anyway, any other guesses?
In response to Mrhat99au
My guess would be no, but I bet that there's now some crazy technology that makes little cartridges like that waterproof...Wouldn't that be cool.

-Dagolar
In response to Dago
Well your guess is wrong, it actually still works, by the way it's Pokemon Silver, and also the save file was wiped, dam it lost my Mew! But it still works! Wow, water proof!
Funny story concerning that...

One of my little brother's biggest hobbies is playing video games... However, he is also autistic (look it up, I don't feel like explaining...lol) And his autism leads him to do some really crazy things (like today, he took a dry erase marker and drew smiley faces on nearly everything in the house...lol thank goodness it was a dry erase marker...)

Anyways, one day, he decided that he was going to soak all of his game systems and games in the sink... A PSX, an N64, and a GBA along with the games for each...

After we discovered this, we removed them from the water, and layed them out to dry...

Once they were dry, we tried them out... And everything worked... No problems...

The key is that the systems had no power to them at the time... The consoles were unplugged (obviously) and the GBA miraculously had no batteries at the time...

Without electricity, none of the circuits can get damaged... It's the shorting out from the water that ruins electrical devices... But that can only happen if they have power to them...

The only harmful effect from this is rust... Which will take a while to cause any real harm, and only sets in if the device has been under the water for a long period of time... And in fact, his GBA now has a bit of rust showing (it's one of the transparent blue/purple cases...I forget what it's officially called) but it still works just fine...

I read the part below about how your game still works, but the savefie is erased, and that makes perfect sense... Cartridges with internal saving also have small internal batteries... Savefiles require constant power to maintain... I don't think that tiny battery was enough to cause any circuitry to be fried... However, being under water for that long probably drained all of its power... You might not be able to save the game ever again (unless you manage to pop open the cart and replace the battery...lol)
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Yeah i noticed that, the game saving didnt work.

Another 2 things
a) Do you know where i could get a battery?
b) Could i swap a battery from an old game?
c) My Pokemon Diamond game's saving does not work, would it be possible they forgot to put the battery in?
In response to Mrhat99au
a) I'm not sure where to get a battery that small... Chances are, it's like a watch battery, only smaller... So the best guess is wherever you can buy watch batteries... Wal*Marts have them in the electronics department (near the cameras)... Or perhaps in Jewelry... Radio Shack might have them, too... You'll have to pop the cart open, and find the battery to see how big it is when you go to buy one... Just look for a flat, silver disc...

b) Probably, they should all be the same size...

c) That's possible... Or perhaps the battery they put in was bad... Or, it could just be something broken in there... Who knows...