2005-present was totally the best, guys.
Suggestion, maybe a voting system should be implemented on each post? Where you can vote to "mute" people. Nothing intense or long, times could range from 24-72 hours.
In response to Oral123
Good gads no.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Good gads no.

Translation: If you give this community a loaded gun to point at each other, no good will come of it.
In response to Lummox JR
I still think we could use a system like reddit's or StackOverflow's, or just move over there entirely.
I still think we could use a system like reddit's or StackOverflow's, or just move over there entirely.

I can only think of a dozen or so people I'd trust with a downvote button to use it responsibly.

StackOverflow's great because it's heavily moderated and who can post and vote is strongly restricted. Reddit's terrible for anything other than a vehicle to outrage bait. The downvote feature on that website is misused to bury controversial opinion, not unconstructive posts.
In response to Lummox JR
Well, it could be like this. Say you made a post and you're starting something. You have the vote option to either like or dislike. Your account would appear on the dislike list so we can see who all are liking the post, because one thing that could be an issue is people making random accounts just to dislike. IDK, I'm just throwing things up and letting them settle.
Yut Put wrote:
2010-2011 was the best year. it was like a competition over who could troll the forums the most

Pretty sure I won that competition. I had perfected being an asshat to the point where even people who didn't frequent the forums and blogs knew who I was. I remember logging into some random anime game I had never been in before and having people type in OOC "Hey, you're that guy that makes those funny posts". It was at that moment I realized I had become an internet celebrity.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
2010-2011 was the best year. it was like a competition over who could troll the forums the most

Pretty sure I won that competition. I had perfected being an asshat to the point where even people who didn't frequent the forums and blogs knew who I was. I remember logging into some random anime game I had never been in before and having people type in OOC "Hey, you're that guy that makes those funny posts". It was at that moment I realized I had become an internet celebrity.

*insert skull emoji*

Page: 1 2 3 4