ID:1905969

I've been working slowly, but surely, at an up-to-date plus feature heavy version of the Tank game I had in the long long ago.

I recently added human enemies that will fire little guns at you, as well as maintaining an effective range and attempting to flee if you get too close.

I felt like making the vulnerable to tank projectiles makes them a bit too easy, considering they'll do barely any damage at all.

So, GTA mode engaged, you must splatter them!

Video of the spree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rrHx63_1Y
So I can't shoot them? That is whack.
It's mainly because they're really tiny, and projectiles miss them anyways for the most part. Normally, tanks can't aim very well at small nearby targets due to the angle that the cannon itself is restricted to.

I'm still deciding on whether or not to make projectile weapons fire toward the ground (and leave scorch marks and such on contact) or to leave them in a state that they just travel in the direction you shoot, regardless of mouse distance.

The difference is difficulty of gameplay mainly, but the first option would allow you to shoot these guys no problem.

Regardless, weapons with AoE or homing capability will be able to take out these grunts easily, from an appropriate distance. For example, I have a flamethrower weapon that'll definitely light these guys up, as well as an AoE arc caster that will zap them all. For bullets though, they currently can't hit.

Getting that system to work wouldn't be too difficult, but it's time that's going to need to be taken regardless, and I'd like to see what players think of how it currently plays before including it.
It'll be PvP and PvE. The PvP gameplay that the old one had is being completely revamped, and a standalone single-player style gameplay mode will be included as well.

I would import the old version over but after several updates to BYOND it's not really feasible, so this project is nearly from scratch.
Yes, good god that was obnoxious.

Currently, it's likely a ways off, maybe 2+ months before I have anything working. Lots of stuff to complete, HUD, KO effects, damage types, damage mitigation, equipment, new chassis and turrets, weapons, etc.

The game's mainly a framework at the moment, but everything's slowly getting added and coded.