In response to EmpirezTeam
I'm not so much worried about the government seeing it, what I'm worried about is why the heck Microsoft wants to save all the data about me they possibly can. I mean seriously?
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
I'm not so much worried about the government seeing it, what I'm worried about is why the heck Microsoft wants to save all the data about me they possibly can. I mean seriously?

Knowledge is power, the more they know about people the more they can use it against them and win and build a bigger empire. We are using their product. They can do what they want with it, because WE buy it from them... If you have a problem with it develop your own operating system and you will come to find out you start wanting to know more about your customers to use it against them with ads, government things, ect.... It's what happens man...
In response to Ripper man5
Ripper Man, there's a Terms of Service form you sign when you use their software.

I made edits to mine before I digitally signed it so legally they actually can't do whatever they want with my information. I've closed my computer off from them.

The government can always just tap my wires or force Microsoft to hand over my information and put a gag order on them. Government you can't escape. Microsoft you can.
That's a terrible attitude to have. Bill Gates has graciously provided you with free Windows 10 state of the art technology, and you complain? He gives you all this, and all he asks for in return is for you to tell him a little about yourself. How heartless and soulless can you be to a man so gentle and compassionate? Where would Earth be without Windows? We'd still be using slow retarded inferior Macs for crying out loud, and getting absolutely nothing done. We have to support Windows and Android because they consistently offer us better alternatives to Apple's line of products garbage.
To add: If you just clicked "yes I agree" and didn't think twice...

Well all your private data is now plastered over 'the cloud'.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
That's a terrible attitude to have. Bill Gates has graciously provided you with free Windows 10 state of the art technology, and you complain? He gives you all this, and all he asks for in return is for you to tell him a little about yourself. How heartless and soulless can you be to a man so gentle and compassionate? Where would Earth be without Windows? We'd still be using slow retarded inferior Macs for crying out loud, and getting absolutely nothing done. We have to support Windows and Android because they consistently offer us better alternatives to Apple's line of products garbage.

Man it's hard to tell where the satire starts and stops in that. lol
why the heck Microsoft wants to save all the data about me they possibly can

To sell to third parties so that they can make money off of your private information.

That's where business is going.
In response to Ter13
Sad but true.
To sell to third parties so that they can make money off of your private information.

That's where business is going.

This.

free Windows 10

It's becoming rather apparent that that you get what you pay for.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2901262/ microsoft-tightens-windows-10s-secure-boot-screws-where-does -that-leave-linux.html

At the very least, I would hope some of you like the freedom to replace Windows if you so choose. A single company shouldn't have this much sway over what's on your system.
In response to IchiroKeisuke
Welp, in my own personal experience...

I don't play Windows Solitaire.
I don't watch DVDs because my main laptop that I carry with me doesn't have a disk drive.
I never liked Gadgets anyways.
And Windows Media Player has always been garbage.

So I'm fine with what I paid (or rather, didn't pay) for. :P
Please tell me I don't have to buy the pencil tool in MSPaint. 'Cause that'll be a fast way to make me mad.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Please tell me I don't have to buy the pencil tool in MSPaint. 'Cause that'll be a fast way to make me mad.

The rectangle tool will be available in December as DLC.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Ter13 wrote:

The rectangle tool will be available in December as DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk
In response to Ter13
playback on other sites disabled by owner

rip
There are tons of free and open source alternatives to many of Windows' core programs.
Let's be honest, if you've legitimately been using Windows Media Player all this time, you have bigger problems on your hands than whether or not Microsoft wants to harvest your kidneys.
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
Let's be honest, if you've been legitimately using Windows Media Player all this time, you have bigger problems on your hands than whether or not Microsoft wants to harvest your kidneys.

?

I liked windows media player :(

In response to IchiroKeisuke
And therein lies your problem.
In response to Albro1
Tis not a problem.

Windows media player is an amazing piece of software - composed of the most magnificent pieces of code. But as microsoft giveth, microsoft taketh away.

I went ahead and installed 10. So far everything has been superior to a Mac computer as always.

Also, something is really smooth and clear about when you scroll down pages in Edge. I'm not sure what it is, but it just feels more fluid. Feels more responsive or something, like every ounce of lag is now gone. Still going to have to switch to Chrome though because I don't think Edge has an Adblock.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6