ID:190720

I just wanna know how many people hate square, dont flame, just wanna know. My friend says it sucks ass
Im guessing your talking about the Video Game company, not the shape? I like what they have done, but I think they have gone down hill a little.
Either way though they made a lot of Classic's. Most people will tell you FF9+ are all riding off FF7's success, but that doesnt make FF7 a bad game.
-DogMan
In response to Dog Man
Anyone who says that the new FF games are riding off of FF7's success should be shot. Why do you think there are 10 (or are there 11 now?) FF games, if none of them have anything to do with the previous ones, short of the style of gameplay? Either that style of gameplay is very popular, or the FF "series" is popular. I'm betting on the second, and it wasn't made popular just by FF7. There were 6 games before that, y'know!
In response to Dog Man
i love them dearly, as they are the reason for ff7. true, ff9 made small kids in japan commit suicide, but i think that x more then makes up for it. but....ffxi sucks hard in japan. oh well, you won't have to worry because haven't you heard the news? square is getting bought out by another game company!
In response to Garthor
oh yeah, i love them too. i just love 7 for one and only one reason.
that reason, sephiroth.
well, and noubouo umeatesu, but he's my fav video game music composer:)
have you heard about square getting bought out? that sucks so hard and so fast......
In response to Dog Man
Dog Man wrote:
Im guessing your talking about the Video Game company, not the shape? I like what they have done, but I think they have gone down hill a little.
Either way though they made a lot of Classic's. Most people will tell you FF9+ are all riding off FF7's success, but that doesnt make FF7 a bad game.
-DogMan

That's ridiculous--FF2j+ are all riding off of FF2j's success! Some people will point out that FF2j was never released in the U.S. and had by all appearances a shaky performance in Japan and was poorly recieved by players who got the translated ROM and is by and large forgotten except for a few iffy looking re-releases, but that's beside the point!
In response to Garthor
I know that, but most people I know who like FF have never played FF6-.
-DogMan
In response to Dog Man
I hate Square, i hate FF, i hate Square. :P
In response to ADDiCt
My friend says that they just make way to many games and they are all basically the same.
Kingdom Hearts is on my Christmas list, so I guess I can't hate them too much. I wish, though, that they'd come out with a version of Bushido Blade for PS2 (Kengo was OK, but nowhere near as fun and intuitive as BB).
HERETIC!!! Square is one of the greatest companies there are. The FF series is only a bit of what they do. Now, granted, they've made some mistakes (FF8 and FF: The Movie) but have you even played FFX? My god, its one of the greatest games ever! Storyline, graphics, characters, sound. Square has always set the level for other game companies to try to attain. I can't wait for FFX-2. (FFXI is the online game, FFX-2 is a continuation of the FFX storyline, same characters and setting, etc.)
Square is a fair company. I can't stand their Final Fantasy series, but "Kingdom Hearts" is an amazing game.
I like FFVII played it till the death, had nearly every secret.
I only got a ROM of one of the Early FF games (starts out in some icy/snowy place with some mechs I think). Anyways, I don't really hate square. I don't really like 'em though. I havn't really had a beef with them.

Now, the gaming company I hate is Accliam. I mean, they get lots of good ideas...and arcade them to death. I think they made NBA Jam (for SNES), so that's a slight boost, but the boost doesn't put them on my like list.

-Sariat

In response to Krosse
Let's not forget about Chrono Trigger, one of the best cartridge games ever... The only FF game I've ever played was Legend II (for game boy). Sad.
In response to Metallica
Who cares about they getting bought out? All I care about is if they continue to make great games I ever so dearly admire. (FF8 wasnt THAT bad =D, Id probably say it had the bet storyline in the PS series.)
Well I've given my opinion many times so it should aready be known.