ID:1907486

Code:
if(loginmessage!="")
//winshow(usr,"browserwindow",1)
src<<browse(loginmessage,"browsewindow;can_close=1;can_minimize=1;titlebar=1;[Style]")
else
src<<browse(loginmessage,"browsewindow;can_close=1;can_minimize=1;titlebar=1;[Style]")

Problem description:
i have the browsewindow set to visable upon login but when you close it the try to say view update log it wont pop up at all?
Firstly, please stop deleting and reposting your question. It's not gonna get answered any faster that way.

Secondly :
Your question- doesn't seem understandable- what is the problem?

Showing a window is different from making it visible.

winshow()//shows a window
winset() is used to make an element visible using "is-visible"
delete and repost the same question what?

the problem is when i log in i see the window but when i close it the clcik update log it dosent show it in the broswer window its almsot as if closing the login message locks said window entirley
The code above you just pasted does the same thing in both instances of the if / else.
If there is more related code, post that.
Edit:
If closing another unrelated window seems to be causing your issue, I'd have to see the code (is what I'm saying)
In response to Avidanimefan
mob
proc
UpdateList()
var/const/updatetext={"<font size=3><H1 align="center"><b>Naruto Ninja Chronicles v1.5</b></H1><H1 align="left"><font size=2>
<ul>
<li><font size=2><H1 align="center"><b>Verision 1.5:</b></H1>
<li><b><i><H1 align="centter">- Sasuke Ms Now has enton element which gives certain perks to amaterasu(so far it only gives a lower cd on amaterasu)</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="centter">-Reworked gm system so now when gms remake i no longer have to manually give them there verbs</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="centter">- Added Team Train so now you can form teams to help train each other (only works for npcs)</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="centter">-Logs now break alot easier (this is because there mob and pvp exp i suggest you take advantage of these and not hit a log all day)</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-You can now gain sword skill from Npcs</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Shisui Ms Now Has KotoAmatsuki Added</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">- Pull Soul For Rinnegan now does something</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Sharinnegan added but is not yet unlockable</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Bijuu Cloaks Now V1 Now drain stam but boost stats</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Team Training Has Been Added</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Susanoo Ribcage Added</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Susanoo now requires ribcage uses in order to unlock it as well as damage reduction for all susanoo forms</H1></i></b>
<ul>
<li><font size=2><H1 align="center"><b>Verision 1.5.1:</b></H1>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Npcs now give better hp chakra and stamina rates then logs</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Logs will now break depending on your level(this was done in order to push you to using a better method such as npc training)</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Chunnin exam`s curse seal will have a seal placed upon it which will give u more curse seal chakra in the long run opposed to normal curse seal</H1></i></b>
<b><i><H1 align="center">-Weak Npc Pit has been added for low levels</H1></i></b>
"}

src << browse(updatetext,"browsewindow;can_close=1;can_minimize=1;titlebar=1;[Style]")
//which is then called by this verb

mob/verb/currentupdates()
set hidden=1
if(!usr.login)
usr<<"Must be logged in for this feature."
return
if(usr.login)
usr.UpdateList()

the issue at hand is when i close the window that has the login message then try and open the one with update text the update text window(which is also supposed to be set in the brower interface window) wont work
FYI: winshow() is an alias for setting the is-visible parameter of a skin element, so they are the same.
In response to Kaiochao
They actually aren't. I tried it just the other day. Using winshow on an element that has been set to "is-visible=false" via winset will not cause it to be visible.