ID:1908002

Greetings from Ontario!

Not really; I got home a short while ago. I've been on vacation this week. I've checked in on the forums all week via rented WiFi and my iPad, but no there's no actual development news because there's been no actual development. (That hasn't stopped some really interesting forum conversations from coming up, though, directing me to possible new feature/optimization ideas.)

I'd share my pictures taken from the lake, but--alas!--the camera I borrowed to do it had no cord so I'll have to wait for those. I got some shots of loons that I suspect are blurry (the photos, not the loons), and some nice evening sky against the treeline. I did not get a shot of the full moon over the water last night, though I should have.

You know what really sucks? Leaving behind perfectly good A/C to go up to a cabin with no air conditioning whatsoever, during a week when there are two days above 90°. Not fun sleeping weather. It also sucks to find out that sometime between Tuesday and Friday, my car's A/C--recently recharged--appears to have died. At least with windows open it was a manageable trip back.

Normally on my vacation I try to read through a number of books. This week I only got through one: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. It was highly recommended to me several years ago, and I was reminded of it recently by seeing previews for the miniseries--which of course now I'll have to watch. I found the book entirely excellent, and recommend it in turn to anyone who enjoys a good fantastical read and likes (or can deal with) the pervasive Englishness of the novel.

As of right now I'm experiencing the post-vacation sensation that the entire room is moving. I have no idea why this happens (I wasn't on the boat all that much, and the cabin seemed to rock way less than usual), but it always takes a few days to go away. Along with that, I swear the fans in here sound like the rough waves of the lake against the dock.

Development resumes Monday.
Welcome back, Lummox! I hope your vacation was a pleasant one.
In response to Lavenblade
you would
I've always wanted to go to Canada!
im curious do you read my message i sent you through byond pager
Welcome back! I like that you make these personal updates like Tom used to do. (:
In response to Kumorii
why would you like someone describing about somewhere they went
In response to Alienx26
Because why wouldn't you want to hear about the adventures of someone relevant to your life?
Stories are rich with information, which we're naturally inclined to seek out.
Because it offers their personal experience. It is someone sharing their insight or experience with you which expands knowledge over a broader area and makes important connections with like-minded individuals.
Why else would people share photo's or talk about anything online? :P

And welcome back Lummox Jr.
In response to Kumorii
What if he is lying?
In response to Alienx26
What.
In response to Kumorii
Well ok and welcome back Lummox Jr. everyone missed well some people did
In response to Alienx26
I don't think Lummy has much to gain from lying about something so trivial. Lol
In response to Kumorii
what whole trust thing you mean like how i want to make a byond app and people dont trust me
In response to Alienx26
Alienx26 wrote:
what whole trust thing you mean like how i want to make a byond app and people dont trust me

Well, there is a difference between an angsty kid with something to prove (not directed at you, perse) and an adult that is just living their life. You need to understand that not everyone is the boogeyman and not everyone is some internet lying troll out to get you. Some people genuinely lead lives outside of the internet! Some are fortunate enough to travel and see beautiful places and share it with others and they shouldn't be denigrated for that (unless of course they destroy those places in the process)!

@post below - you certainly act like one...
In response to AERProductions
your speaking of me arent you wow you think im a kid am i right?
i act like a kid haha wow i cant believe you just said that and i would say something back but i might get banned from byond
You're breaking the Alien Dogma of Peace. ):
In response to Kumorii
no im just saying cause last time i said something and a moderator went to pm on byond pager and for some reason he would ban me so its not like what i was gonna say was bad just that i dont wanna get into trouble like that one times
Home is where the heart is!

How's the scenery in Ontario?
Page: 1 2 3