ID:1909604

Normally I let things go by the wayside because I'm right and you're wrong but there are some lies that I cannot let go by. Of course they were made by other users. I won't bother identifying these individuals but you can probably guess who the usual suspects are.

Naturally our first one is another case of "feelings > logic"
This whole thread serves the purpose of taking the 'power' out from under those users that feed off of the negativity. Lugia has broken the rules, though will deny such thoroughly. Const anent in arguments over rather he's being a jerk or 'stating facts' or 'stating opinions', when he's stating those 'facts' and opinions like a jerk.

Funnily enough, the "don't be a jerk" rule states that you should always target the content, not the user. And while I have stated a few times that users are unambitious or lazy (however, most people will outright say that I'm a hateful person and I should kill myself or be removed from the community; which to me sounds more like being a jerk but that's a topic for another day), most of my content is indeed directed at the original content and I'm even nice enough to bring in real-world examples. Unlike most users that would rather you take what they say on faith and provide no evidence. And on the off chance that they're willing to provide some kind of evidence, they will often just say, "Actually you're not talking about what I'm talking about". Another user said it best when they said these individuals were just "moving the goalposts".

Imagine this magical world. A person is dead on the sidewalk. Their head has been cracked wide open, their heart hasn't been beating for 2 hours now, they're 100% dead by every medical definition of the word. Now you see this body, and you ask a passerby what happened. This individual very rudely explains to you that the person on the ground is dead and calls you a moron in several ways for not using your senses and logic skills to deduce that. Now you have two choices here, accept that despite presentation, this other person is correct, apologize, and leave. Or you can say, "You're wrong, because you were so mean to me I will tell the world that this person is alive". Which you're more than welcome to do, but I hope you have plans to pay their taxes because they sure aren't making any money unless it's as a doormat.

Simply put, no matter how facts are presented, facts are facts. They can come from the mouth of our lord and savior William Shatner every few seconds and it doesn't matter how poorly they're presented, they will still be facts at the end of the day.

He's openly admitted this, saying he's only here to 'advertise' his 'unity project', but(in the mean time), to be negative among the community, down-putting BYOND, it's software, and the people in it that are positive towards it.

Actually, I never admitted anything of the sort. I'm here to advertise anything I make, really. You know, I find this statement odd as well. Apparently it's acceptable for you to go on other websites to advertise games you made with DM. But if you go to BYOND to advertise games you've made with other engines, suddenly you're the next Judas Iscariot. I'm not sure what kind of message I'm supposed to get out of this. BYOND isn't so sacred as to be the IDE above all other IDEs. Hell, you guys forget what it was originally intended to do most of the time.

And I don't admit to being negative, I admit to being critical. Which means I'm going to hurt some feelings. And if I put down BYOND in the process (through stating facts, remember) then it's up to other users to see the facts and decide if BYOND is really for them. It seems some other users have already deduced that BYOND is not for them, and that's okay. Others insist on staying in the comfy zone that is DM programming and that's okay too. But if you try to contest limitations of BYOND by saying "I really like BYOND so you're wrong about all of these facts you've stated about BYOND", then I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you should get checked into a mental asylum like the woman from "I only came to use the phone".

See the recent thread in Art & Sound in which Lugia's sarcasm incited hostility from Upd4t3, who reacted in an uncalled for manner.

This is actually another funny case. If you read the thread in question, you'll see that I made a very valid point about visual aesthetic, to which the author decided to say, "Fuck off". But here's the problem. It's not MY job to control YOUR reactions. We've all played online games here, right? You ever come across that guy that says that he fucked your mum last night? You have? Oh good, tell me how you reacted... what? You ignored the guy? Now suppose you said that to me in the street and I "went super saiyan" and now you're in a pine box. What would I say to the judge? "Sorry, your honour. He said he fucked my mum, I had to do it". I'm still doing 20 to life with no chance of parole. This is exactly how you're trying to justify YOUR negativity. "He started it, so I'm allowed to be even more negative". Again, it's your fault, not mine.

And let's look at what I had posted that incited hostility.
Yes, I definitely remember the snake way of DBZ consisting of right angles in Euclidean geometry.

I'm sure that the rage was justified, surely.

No, what we're seeing here is another aspect of BYOND's failed community. You're not allowed to say anything bad about someone else's work. It all has to be butterflies and cupcakes or else they'll get mad and you'll be accused of being toxic when in reality, you were just being fair. The reason this community has failed is because there are too many people that just want to be pat on the head, "good jorb, son" and left to play with their tinker toys.

Are you guys familiar with steam early access? Of course you are. Now, sometimes people with a strange aversion to money and good sense buy these early access games (Necrodancer was my personal early access choice). And sometimes these people don't like the game, so they rate it poorly. Do you know what the developers of these games sometimes do? They'll either delete comments or try to justify that "it's only early access". I don't know how many times I have to say this but I suppose at least once more - If you put something out to the public, it is open for criticism. Especially if you put it out and ask for criticism. Did you honestly expect everyone to like what you put out? If you did, you're a fool. If you didn't, why are you so surprised that not everyone likes it. At least I have the decency to tell you why. It's not reddit where you can just recognize individuals you don't like and downvote them out.

it's that they are actively trying to do as much harm as possible to as many people as possible for the sake of their own amusement.

If I truly took so much amusement out of telling people their games were bad I would have single-handedly crashed the fangame community. Most of the games are just clones with a few good ideas split between them. There's a game from a while ago, I think it was called Naruto Chakra by Pepi or something which had a neat concept that was poorly executed. Sleinth has an text-based RPG that has potential as a Naruto-themed DnD. But these games got lost in development hell or something. If I took so much pleasure out of telling people how bad their games were, I would just sit on fangames and spam OOC. But it's not that. I tell you why your stuff sucks so you can improve on it. And that's all I really want. Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry, not sorry. I'm assuming no one here has ever seen Whiplash (and it was nominated for an award no less). I beat you up because I care.
If you truly aim for constructive criticism you need to reconsider your execution. I find it unlikely that your method of berating people is effective. Pitch your opinions and move on, no need to defend your opinion; it's just that.

I do happen to agree with you relative to snake-way, though I find the fact that it's a replica of the LoG snake-way to be a unique touch.

Not even sure why you posted this though
Can we get developing some kind of BYOND Forum simulator? I feel like if we code a Lugia319 and Ter13 system (after the EmpirezTeam system is completed) it could be a fairly popular game.

Simulated horseplay I tell you what.
It's always easier to swallow criticism when one doesn't come off as aggressive. Make a point respectively. If the author doesn't want to hear any of it, why waste your time?

Whether they are right or wrong, people do get defensive when it comes to countering their ideas. While it's not your job to tone it down, don't be surprised when there is negative response in regards to your approach.

Your ways of communication doesn't bother me one bit. But I can see how it could rub others the wrong way.

You bring good opinions when it comes to game design. It also appears that you do care about BYOND. Hopefully you'll stay around. :)
It's just really easy to rub people the wrong way, especially on a forum where you can't easily figure out someone's tone and where a lot of the users are still in school where 'yeah but your mom's fat' is still a valid argument.

Lugia is a good dude. Not even joking.
In response to Rocknet
Rocknet wrote:
Can we get developing some kind of BYOND Forum simulator? I feel like if we code a Lugia319 and Ter13 system (after the EmpirezTeam system is completed) it could be a fairly popular game.

Simulated horseplay I tell you what.

Screw a simulator. There's enough drama produced on a daily basis here, we could literally start a successful BYOND reality television series.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Screw a simulator. There's enough drama produced on a daily basis here, we could literally start a successful BYOND reality television series.

Liam Neeson plays me, Bill Murray plays Empirez, and Tom Hardy plays Ter13. Rollin in da big bucks.

In response to Lugia319
Nahhh Nicholas Cage for Ter13 for sure.
Why do I have to be Bill Murray? Clearly, I should be portrayed by none other than the talented Christopher Walking.

You know, the guy from Sunday Night Life.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Nahhh Nicholas Cage for Ter13 for sure.

Empirez could be Will Ferrel if he doesn't like Bill Murray. ;)
This thread is now about white people who are almost as funny as I am.

In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

mustache on fleek
In response to EmpirezTeam
Communist wrote:
Nazi German wrote:

mustache on fleek
In Soviet Russia, thread converts you!
Lugia319 wrote:
Now you have two choices here, accept that despite presentation, this other person is correct, apologize, and leave.

OH OH
FIRST of all, WHO even ARE you to receive an apology you TWAT. It doesn't take a genius to realize the pathetic inconsiderate scumbag that replied to the wondering individual is YOU. Just because a person is "right" doesn't necessarily justify them being a jerk. And that's exactly how people are gonna take it! It doesn't matter how "right" you are, it's not proper to behave that way. You're gonna go, "oh but there's no facts on idk proving why i cant behave like this, i can behave like this because" WHO CARES. No matter how you look at it, no matter WHO you ask, it'll always be taken in as being a jerk!

Lugia319 wrote:
Simply put, no matter how facts are presented, facts are facts. They can come from the mouth of our lord and savior William Shatner every few seconds and it doesn't matter how poorly they're presented, they will still be facts at the end of the day.

Do you think anybody CARES?! So what if facts are facts by the end of the day. By the end of the day you're still a jerk. And then this is how you retaliate?! By being a bigger jerk?! If you ask me, you should be at the point where you should be questioning yourself, not others, because clearly you're doing something VERY wrong if you only manage to make matters worse for yourself by the post. You think that post that was made was the last? You keep this up, it's only going to get worse. Quite frankly you're at the point where there's no turning back for you even, mainly because you've already presented yourself as this stubborn scumbag who just won't quit even when he's LOSING.

Lugia319 wrote:
But if you go to BYOND to advertise games you've made with other engines, suddenly you're the next Judas Iscariot.

As I know nothing about this situation, all I'll say is (directed towards everyone), it doesn't matter. The majority of the BYOND population know what Unity is, and they're still here for whatever reason they want. Nothing is binding them here. And no one should bother with the whole, "they're here because they aren't capable of handling anything outside of unity", before considering the demographics, WHUCH BY THE WAY, if you have considered the demographics and behave like this HERE, you should reconsider your existence.

Lugia319 wrote:
But if you try to contest limitations of BYOND by saying "I really like BYOND so you're wrong about all of these facts you've stated about BYOND", then I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you should get checked into a mental asylum like the woman from "I only came to use the phone".

What are you trying to PROVE? Again I ask, WHO ARE YOU? What are you trying to get out of someone admitting they're wrong? Seriously, GO AWAY, because the only thing you're proving is that you AREN'T WELCOME in this community. You think if someone admits you're right you'll get some sort of award? I'm sure if BYOND dimes were still around, you still wouldn't get any.

Let me see if I can clear this up, it's a world filled with people. People have opinions, get over it.

Lugia319 wrote:
This is actually another funny case. If you read the thread in question, you'll see that I made a very valid point about visual aesthetic, to which the author decided to say, "Fuck off".

Have you actually tried "fucking off". Cuz nobody started a protest about how nobody should be telling Lugia319 to "fuck off"

Lugia319 wrote:
It's not MY job to control YOUR reactions.

Oh, oh dang. I'm gonna have to give the guy who told you to control people's reactions a stern talking to. That guy is gonna be in serious trouble.

Lugia319 wrote:
Now suppose you said that to me in the street and I "went super saiyan" and now you're in a pine box. What would I say to the judge? "Sorry, your honour. He said he fucked my mum, I had to do it". I'm still doing 20 to life with no chance of parole.

You can't contrast an internet scenario to real life and use it as an analogy it doesn't work that way. And if you wanna compare punishments, BOTH parties are found guilty online, and BOTH parties get banned. Why should anyone throw themselves in that situation in the first place?

And if we're trying to be considerate, no one is gonna compare that real life scenario to an internet scenario to justify anything on the matter.

Lugia319 wrote:
No, what we're seeing here is another aspect of BYOND's failed community. You're not allowed to say anything bad about someone else's work.

What are yah a cop? You the rebellion? Bruv, the majority of us deal with our BYOND/internet/whatever the hell you wanna call it to satisfy yourself, ourselves, and it doesn't involve making a movement. If you don't like the responses, or vice versa, then move on. Because the way I see it, you're trying really hard to make people like you, and you're doing so on the INTERNET.

Lugia319 wrote:
Are you guys familiar with steam early access? Of course you are. Now, sometimes people with a strange aversion to money and good sense buy these early access games (Necrodancer was my personal early access choice). And sometimes these people don't like the game, so they rate it poorly. Do you know what the developers of these games sometimes do? They'll either delete comments or try to justify that "it's only early access". I don't know how many times I have to say this but I suppose at least once more - If you put something out to the public, it is open for criticism. Especially if you put it out and ask for criticism. Did you honestly expect everyone to like what you put out? If you did, you're a fool. If you didn't, why are you so surprised that not everyone likes it. At least I have the decency to tell you why. It's not reddit where you can just recognize individuals you don't like and downvote them out.

NOBODY CARES. It's the same EVERYWHERE, and yeah it's a true statement, but what does it have to do with you crying about everyone doing that. Shouldn't you be on steam pulling crap there? They might actually give you a better show.

Lugia319 wrote:
If I truly took so much amusement out of telling people their games were bad I would have single-handedly crashed the fangame community. Most of the games are just clones with a few good ideas split between them.

I REALLY think you do! And on top of that, you're a fantastic example of someone who's all talk and no action. And even if you did "crash the fan game community" what does that even mean?! Do we lose?! I don't wanna lose ma!

Lugia319 wrote:
I tell you why your stuff sucks so you can improve on it. And that's all I really want. Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry, not sorry

If you really wanted people to improve, you would be more considerate. I bet you I could be a better you just by doing what you do only better, and actually getting results. (hope I'm not hurting your feelings) But seriously, if I really want people to improve, I'll actually be considerate about what I say to people while at the same time giving actual constructive criticism. What does that make of you, if you're already not contributing to the community? Should I make a new key and be Lugia320, cuz I'll do what you're trying to achieve easily. You'll just be that guy who couldn't pull it off cuz he wasn't very good at it.

So no matter how you put it, you're only directing this to the people who are pissing YOU off. Stop trying to get people to like you. Get your act together, and your priorities straight, because, and this is gonna hurt you, no matter how much you deny it, if anyone agrees with what I posted, I ASSURE you, they were, and will always see you as pathetic.
In response to Ishuri
Be a man and post on your main.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Be a man and post on your main.

Here we go, even more pathetic. I've had, and will always have 1 key, and that will always be Ishuri, the guy who schooled you.
Page: 1 2