ID:1911093

(See the best response by Kozuma3.)
List every important function and inbuilt procedure that needs to be studied first and foremost before making a game.
Thank you.
Kind regards, Delta0Zero2.
Best response
Well the DM Guide should be your real starting point, as it will give you the basics.

It's really impossible to say which built-in procs to study before making a game, because which ones you'll use will depend entirely on what you want to do.
To put it another way, this question makes as much sense as 'what words do I need to know to write a story?'
has anybody got a highlighted or abbreviated version of the dm guide???
In response to Delta0Zero2
Delta0Zero2 wrote:
has anybody got a highlighted or abbreviated version of the dm guide???

This is why you kids take YEARS before you finally start doing something productive with your programming. Start from the top and work your way all the way down in the DM Guide and Reference. If by the time you read both of those and still don't understand the language, read them again and follow along this time. We're here to help you, but we're not going to turn the page on the book for you and just highlight the critical sections. It's all critical. Either eat the whole elephant or don't eat any of it.
Chances are you could get a good start just by reading the first few chapters of the DM Guide, saving the advanced stuff for later.
This is why you kids take YEARS before you finally start doing something productive with your programming.

I have a confession to make. I never read the DM guide. It took me years to get the hang of programming as a consequence.

But yeah, there's something going on with the new crop of programmers. Reading just isn't something they want to do at all. They all say they are "visual" learners (despite the fact that visual learners learn by reading.). Thing is, though that the age of video tutorials is upon us.

It's just too bad that video tutorials really genuinely suck for teaching programming.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
It's just too bad that video tutorials really genuinely suck for teaching programming.

Depends on the teacher
I mostly just skimmed the DM Guide, didn't bother to read most of it when I started. I eventually DID read the DM guide in its entirety, just not when I really needed to.

(ps lum plz sell blue book physical copy like the old days)
List of DM Keywords

arg
as
break
const
continue
del
do
else
for
global
goto
if
in
new
proc
return
set
sleep
spawn
static
step (only highlights when used as part of a for() loop)
switch
tmp
to
var
verb
while

keywords from the red book compiled by Super Saiyan X...

err and lol