ID:1911390

(See the best response by Albro1.)
Is there a method to return the step x/y value of where the mouse is when you call Click()?

Best response
In the params argument of mouse functions, you can access icon-x and icon-y. This is the pixel coordinates of the mouse position inside of the object the mouse is over. If you determine the object's step_x/y and then apply the offset of the mouse to the object as well, you should be able to find the number you're looking for.
step x/y value?

You want a vector to the mouse position, but relative to what?

You could use the icon-x, icon-y, or screen-loc parameters. If you use params2list() on the params argument given to Click() (and other mouse events), you can get those values as text (use text2num() if you want numbers).
In response to Kaiochao
to the turf someone clicks on, albro helped me with params2list but when i try to output/use the value it's just blank
turf/Click(params)
var/list/parameters = params2list(params)
var/icon_x = text2num(parameters["icon-x"])
var/icon_y = text2num(parameters["icon-y"])
_message(world,"x:[icon_x] y:[icon_y]")
Just ran this test code, and it works just fine.

The only differences I see are that I included all of the arguments in Click() (Not sure if this affects it or not) and you're using a proc to output the message. One of these things is likely the culprit.

EDIT: Just checked what would happen if I only did Click(params), and it broke it. Include all of the arguments for it to work.
In response to Albro1
yea i guess i had to include all 3 arguments, works now. thanks
As I mentioned when you asked me this last night, getting the step_x/y isn't the same as icon_x/icon_y. You also need to account for pixel_x/y, step_x/y, bound_x, loc, transform.c/f, etc.

There's a lot you aren't accounting for, but overall the solution that albro gave you is pretty much identical to what you saw me doing in my snippet last night.