ID:1911651

Simply put, what are you working on? We see a lot of developers posting on the Within BYOND comments with info on their upcoming games / their pet projects, and it kinda irks me that those posts are not better centralized. So I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread to get the ball rolling and ask one simple question:

What are you working on? C'mon, show us!

Feel free to post screenshots, recordings, blocks of text, ramblings, etc.
I'll start.

Severed World is nearing a public beta, which may happen before the end of this month or sometime next month. We've posted a collage of gifs and screenshots for you to marinate over: http://imgur.com/gallery/4AVGP/new
I'm taking a moment to look back at The Knight's Tour game I made in DM and seeing ways to expand it. So far I've just come up with a few power-ups and a couple of small 3x3, 3x4, 4x4, and 4x5 boards to play on. I'm interested in trying to expand it to more creative designs but that's proving difficult because I want these interesting designs to be the only things you land on, and they're large. My Mickey Mouse is a pair of 3x3s on a 5x5 and it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

Another thing I have to consider is whether or not the level is possible, which is the main stumbling block for me. I'm trying to work backwards on level design but it's still mostly trial and error.
So few mounth ago I've started working on Quillby, 2d oRPG game. I already wrote about it. For someone who dont wanna download my filles i made video. Now you can skip boring moments. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gfy0pmlnMI
Doohl wrote:
Simply put, what are you working on? We see a lot of developers posting on the Within BYOND comments with info on their upcoming games / their pet projects, and it kinda irks me that those posts are not better centralized. So I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread to get the ball rolling and ask one simple question:

What are you working on? C'mon, show us!

Feel free to post screenshots, recordings, blocks of text, ramblings, etc.

So i see metagross made it into the game.

For the past few years my friends and I have been working on Wolf Pack Battalion, originally designed as a LAN game for my friends but we've decided to release it to BYOND. Here's a few gifs (you get to see some debug thingys in them!)

http://imgur.com/a/gCuCM
I've been working on a little project for the last six months or so that I'm enjoying, but I'm not really going to get into any detail :)
A good friend of mine in this community and I are working to release a project compatible with Byond's webclient and DS, and later, porting to a larger engine once popularity calls for it.

I left out details since we're employing a different strategy as described in this post.
I'm working on another dream game of mine: Hardcore Realistic Wilderness Survival. Basically Survivorman Game; It is tedious and difficult. I'm not sure if it's something I'd release but i've always wanted to play this type of game.
In response to Marekssj3
Marekssj3 wrote:
So few mounth ago I've started working on Quillby, 2d oRPG game. I already wrote about it. For someone who dont wanna download my filles i made video. Now you can skip boring moments. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gfy0pmlnMI

Oh wow this is sexy! Is this on BYOND?
Skirmish has been progressing despite the silence! I've been taking a few hours every night after work to polish and cleanup existing features some more before pushing into the next big waves of updates. Dialog display has been cleaned up with more minimalistic backdrop and the addition of player input. So far it only supports up to two options (yes/no scenarios) but I'd like to allow up to four. I'm still cleaning up hud for party members but i should have a new demo to share soon.

Goals for the next stint include revisiting combat again to get things set up for magic combat and finally get a clip capacity limit set to projectile weapons. Afterwards I'd like to resume work on questing. (:
In my boredom, I started another small top-down shooter project. Icon-wise, it uses a circle and rectangle for everything except the sword and turret, which use an arrow.

Link to thread

Here's the latest gif:
I'm just getting back into them after being unable to work with BYOND much in the past few months or so, but over the past year or so I've had a few projects get going that I'm trying to prioritize right now since I like to do things one by one.

It's just hard to pick which one, since I like to try to pick the one I can complete the soonest, and yet I also have to keep its overall potential in mind. I don't like to announce prior to testing as it can lead to motivation troubles, but one is a tower defense game, another is a little shooter Kumori inspired me into thinking up that has various horror and zombie hoard elements a bit different from the other games floating around BYOND, a couple more are story driven RPGS based off some stories I have in my head, and finally we have the last thing anyone heard from me about which is the recreation and rethinking of FR:R.

I have many others, but most of them aren't started, and won't be worked on until more of these are up and running. I do want to get back to FR:R pretty soon, but I feel like I need something else to get me back into the swing of things before I tackle that figurative monster.
In response to Kaiochao
That looks really smooth, damn!
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
In my boredom, I started another small top-down shooter project. Icon-wise, it uses a circle and rectangle for everything except the sword and turret, which use an arrow.

Link to thread

Here's the latest gif:

That sort of bullet deflection could make a really good star wars game lol. Better than Star Wars Battlefie I mean Battlefront.
Is that 10 fps?
In response to Kumorii
25 if it seems slow blame the Gif recorder.

It isn't much to see right now though.
I'm currently working on the pet system in my game. Modelling after the Pokemon combat system. The first 3 elements I have are blood vamp and silver. Next I need to work on pets gaining new moves while they level, how I want to handle pet deaths, how I want to heal, and how do i want to capture other pets. So far it's looking pretty good.

It's really fun to make something like this even though my skills will never able me to replicate a great interface.
I take it Blood is weak to Vampire is weak to silver is weak to blood?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351