Running behind schedule, only just got mob shading barely working (masking ended up being harder than I thought, unless I was using blend_multiply wrong):
http://files.byondhome.com/DarkCampainger/ Torchbearer_dmb_20160215.zip

I've got two bugs I want to fix, and then clean up the code a bit. Re-targeting code demo release for tomorrow night. Sorry D:
In response to DarkCampainger
Awesome, thank you!
This has literally become what the BYOND blogs used to be.

With less racism though.
In response to Ter13
Oooo i would like to see some of the old byond blogs :o. Links :D??
There's mine :P At least a snapshot of it anyway.
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
There's mine :P At least a snapshot of it anyway.

:o that looks nice :O! Why doesnt byond have that anymore >.<?

Nice save on 5 grand ;).
In response to Ghost of ET
The old blog system was scrapped when the site was redone a few years back. The blogs were merged because with the site update the forum was changed to what we have now. I think Tom's reasoning essentially boiled down to making the community a lot easier to manage; then again, Tom also wanted to scrap the community stuff almost entirely around a year ago.
The blogs were scrapped basically because BYOND never functioned well when it was trying to be a social network.
Now we are all social and living happily together!! :D
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:

Would be better with blogs imo.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Akto wrote:

I miss css pages :c
In response to Ishuri
Ishuri wrote:
Kozuma3 wrote:
Akto wrote:

I miss css pages :c

I was about to learn CSS when they removed em :(
I had the sexiest CSS and blogs went away like two weeks later. ):
I made custom graphics for it and everything.
It's still Tuesday somewhere:
http://www.byond.com/developer/DarkCampainger/ DynamicLightingExperiment

(Just noticed that the mob is no longer layered behind walls. Doh!)
Layering bug fixed in version 0.1

I'll update the hub description with some more information about how it works after work tomorrow. There are basically two systems: the top-down floor shadow caster (see Occluder.dm), and the 3/4ths view wall lighting system (see Surface.dm).

For the floors, the lights basically have a big white gradient icon, and then it layers black shadows on top of it for where it's occluded. Each light renders its white gradient and black shadows to a plane, those are all BLEND_ADD'd on top of each other, and then the floors are BLEND_MULTIPLY'd on top of the result.

For the walls, it's kind of the reverse. It starts with a black base, and then actually layers little white "gradient strips" for any light that isn't occluded, and then multiplies the wall's icon on top.
It's a mystery! Feed!
In response to DarkCampainger
You sir are amazing.
In response to Reformist
Reformist wrote:
The old blog system was scrapped when the site was redone a few years back. The blogs were merged because with the site update the forum was changed to what we have now. I think Tom's reasoning essentially boiled down to making the community a lot easier to manage; then again, Tom also wanted to scrap the community stuff almost entirely around a year ago.

:O reformist!

Arent most devs here now because of the community?

Kumorii wrote:
It's a mystery! Feed!

Hipster zombie killers!
Is it Hipsters killing Zombies? or Hipster Zombies being killed?
Feed reminds me of Zombie Grinder, back when it had a few people playing it. Super fun!
Hipsters killing hipster zombies, maybe?

Feed: (Edit: No more need for [Redacted], huh?
- Lasers now look even cooler with BLEND_ADD
- Health regenerates much slower now.
- New special; Cowbell -- feeders hate cowbells. Use the cowbell to make any pursuing enemies target someone else for a few seconds.
- LB-01 Model Red added.
- Maybe I added nyan cat lasers and maybe I'll attach them to a new legendary weapon. maybe
Page: 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 349 350 351