I've said "By-Ond" since 2005. That man in the video's got the right pronunciation.
Peasants, it's pronounced Bee-o-nad.

Back to reality though:

http://i.imgur.com/Uo9gByY.webm

webm because huge, recording of my testing of changing some of the static backgrounds into parallax mode.

The framing of the gif is off a bit (my fault), but hopefully you can see how the background now moves differently compared to the foreground.

I'm happy with it, gives the area a LOT more depth. I just wonder how I'm going to do the same for other areas.
Character Concepts:

Toying around with color pallets and animations. Different hairstyles and different eyes. Trying new things out. Learning some more code words... you know. The basics!
In response to Bravo1
Looking really good! :)

When you're driving down any ramp, and holding a sideways key, is your acceleration only along the X axis? Or is the acceleration vector parallel to the ramp?
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Looking really good! :)

When you're driving down any ramp, and holding a sideways key, is your acceleration only along the X axis? Or is the acceleration vector parallel to the ramp?

I just realized that making it a vector would probably solve all the bumpy-ness I'm seeing when going down ramps. -__-

But yeah, it's just acceleration on the x-axis. I'll fiddle with that tonight and see how it turns out, thanks for mentioning it!

Let the battle begin! which one of us is right!? BYOND's ultimate showdown!!
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Character Concepts:

Toying around with color pallets and animations. Different hairstyles and different eyes. Trying new things out. Learning some more code words... you know. The basics!

9/10
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
I've said "By-Ond" since 2005. That man in the video's got the right pronunciation.

In response to Lummox JR
Best response to this question ever.
Went and looked at the code and it looks like I was doing the movement speed as a vector of the angle.

Unfortunately, it's still bumpy =\
In response to Bravo1
I watched the webm again and noticed that the bumpiness is not present when you're moving up a ramp. This might be an order of operations problem if you're moving along the downwards velocity component before moving along the sideways velocity component.
That is: If you move downwards first, then collide with the ramp and then your velocity's Y-component is zero'd from the collision. Then you move sideways and then the only reason why you're sort-of sticking to the ramp is because of gravity. So then you get the bumpiness like that.

Fixed.

Turns out the code that I had checking for ramps was outdated, and was looking for turfs only rather than any collide-able atoms. The ramps aren't turfs, so the code was skipping the ramp checks and causing the adjustments to movement to be ignored.
Forever trapped within an infinite loop... working on:

Byondopoly

Castle Quest

Suukou Faita-

I actually would like to advance on one of these if I can trap a programmer in the cellar...
In response to Branks
What, Incursion doesn't get a space in the yellow group?
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

It's extremely outdated... I've updated the board several times over the past 4 years. Every single time I do, more games die off... I'm holding out.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

It's extremely outdated... I've updated the board several times over the past 4 years. Every single time I do, more games die off... I'm holding out.

Make the properties randomly chosen from their categories? Then you can have tons :D
In response to Mickemoose
Mickemoose wrote:
Branks wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Make the properties randomly chosen from their categories? Then you can have tons :D

That's a good idea.
Take that a step further, and generate based on popularity / active users on the BYOND website.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 144 145 146 147 148 ... 349 350 351