In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Take that a step further, and generate based on popularity / active users on the BYOND website.

Another great idea. Thanks.
I have decided to scrap my scripting language in favor for a library for DM itself.

Stress test with 100,000 calls

Thinking about scripting languages, I haven't worked on one for BYOND in a long time. In fact, I had a partially working one for a later release of SByIo Library (available on GitHub).

Using DM directly is definitely faster than trying to build your own scripting language in it. However, I have one lurking around like I said. It's called SPanimScript. The purpose of it was to create animated text using BYOND 500 features through a special scripting language.

Feel free to look at it: https://github.com/Bandock/SByIoLibrary/

Manual is not available yet to the public.
In response to Kozuma3
ew.
That's actually rather nice, Kozuma. I know you're still working on it, but try to kill off or make use of all that gray empty space.
Just woke up to continue progress :)

Download link for the test project.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/q7kdn0

I would love suggestions.
Thought about it and decided to spend time getting the right size I wanted, totally forgot I could increase it XDDDDDDDDDD no rrlly

Playing around with shadow geometry and softened shadow edges.
I'm not actually computing accurate shapes of the umbra and penumbra here though.

With a few different light sources of different colors.

Before, the shadows were merely approximate shapes made from a single piece. Now these shadows are made up of 3 pieces for a more accurate approximate shape.
To correctly and accurately show the penumbra, umbra, and antumbra, shadows would need to be made up of 12 different pieces. I don't think it's feasible :[
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Beautiful. Have you thought about releasing this lighting as a library? I'd pay for it!
In response to Mr. RJT
Mr. RJT wrote:
Beautiful. Have you thought about releasing this lighting as a library? I'd pay for it!

You're not the first to make that offer, and I doubt you'll be the last =P

It does look amazing.

As a library + a tutorial on normal mapping for BYOND, we could see a YUGE upgrade in lighting. I know I'd use it in nearly all future projects.
I don't think I can make a library that tops what DarkCampainger has already released. I still have no idea how he gets shadows to cast on mobs and walls.
His uses a lot of cpu
In response to Mr. RJT
Mr. RJT wrote:

If this was profitable, I'd have taken the liberty to replicate it myself. But it's not profitable, it'd only get one buy at most and then be distributed.

Is there any self-benefit from helping anyone here? I really don't think there is.

Much cleaner, Kozuma3. Good stuff.
In response to Kozuma3
That's looking really nice
Page: 1 2 3 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 349 350 351